Thread: I should have left well enough alone!!

Default I should have left well enough alone!!

So I have had the Terminator EFI running on the car for a couple months, no problems, it's running great. Last night I decide to download the tuning software and down into the garage I go. I plugged the computer into the ECU and started fiddling around with it a bit, making some changes based on some of Danny Cabral's helpful posts. Then I make the mistake, I decide to update the firmware on the fly and this is clearly something you want to avoid. It crashed in the middle of the process and now I'm screwed seemingly. I have no power on the handheld when I turn the key and the fuel pump is silent, it seems I have killed the damn thing somehow. I disconnected it from the battery overnight to no avail. I checked the fuses and looked over the wiring and it looks fine. What the hell did I do????

Quote Originally Posted by chillininnh View Post
    I have no power on the hand-held when I turn the key and the fuel pump is silent, it seems I have killed the damn thing somehow.
    Not sure what happened there, but can you reload the firmware?
    Are you able to be "Online" with the ECU? If so, what's the firmware?
    The fuel pump won't run until you reload your Global Folder.
    Also, you'll need to perform another TPS AutoSet.
    When a laptop is connected, it is an HP EFI system.

Software & Firmware Versions:
    Software: click "Help" tab (top toolbar) & "About Holley EFI".
    Firmware: click "Sync With ECU" & "Get ECU Info" (Key-on/USB connected).
    The latest software & firmware can be downloaded here:
    http://www.holley.com/TechService/Li...#FuelInjection (Holley EFI Technical Library)
    http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...9R10546rev.pdf (HP & Dominator Quick Start Guide)
    http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...20Firmware.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)
    Before updating firmware, ensure the current Global Folder is saved somewhere, since it will be erased from the ECU.

You should name your Global Folder and save it in the EFI software. See below:
    Open the "Help" Contents ("Help" drop down menu), and read "Step-By-Step Beginner's Tuning".
    Or, at least read the "Quick Start Guide": http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10546rev1.pdf

IF you're creating a new Global Folder name (as opposed to just saving a change in an existing GF), it's much easier to click
    "File", "Save Global Folder As...", delete the GF Name shown and just type in the new name you want without any backslash.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Hope this all works out for you. It is a learning process for some of us (myself included) never have played with EFI. Just trying to be informed and grow without messing things up.

I was able to successfully download the latest firmware and it instantly came back to life. I did some quick adjustments based on Danny's posts and it's running better than ever!

I'm glad you rectified the issue and improved performance!
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.