Thread: Liz Miles' 1968 Chevrolet Camaro

milesspeed Guest

Default Liz Miles' 1968 Chevrolet Camaro

Hey guys!

I wanted to share my pride and joy (one of them) with you! This is my '68 Camaro. I got it 10 years ago this July and have repaired, rebuilt, or replaced everything but the back and side glass. Recently I rebuilt my 350 with some new goodies inside and a 950 cfm Ultra HP on top. The car is setup for road racing and autocross, but really works well as a street car. This is one I'll NEVER sell!

See more at

-Gen 1 350 block
    -Forged crankshaft, stock rods and pistons
    -Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads
    -10.3:1 static compression ratio
    -Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake manifold
    -Comp Cams solid rollercamshaft (242°/244° duration at 0.050", .560"/.567" lift)
    -Crane 1.5:1 Gold race rockers
    -MSD ignition and Pro-Billet distributor
    -Holley Blue fuel pump
    -Holley 950 CFM HP carburetor
    -Edelbrock water pump
    -Flex-a-lite fans
    -Hedman headers

This combination produced 501 hp at 6,600 rpm and 434 lb-ft at 4,900 on the Robello Racing dyno.

-Muncie M-20 4-speed
    -McLeod's steel flywheel, 11-inch disc, and diaphragm pressure plate spin inside a Lakewood can
    -Original 10-bolt with Yukon axles, Eaton's Posi unit, and 3.73 Motive gears

-Competition Engineering subframe connectors
    -QA1 single adjustable shocks
    -Year One quick ratio steering box
    -Hotchkis drop coils
    -Hotchkis front sway bar
    -Homemade rear sway bar
    -Hotchkis leaf springs
    -Energy Suspension bushings throughout
    -Brakes: Front, a pair of vented & slotted 11.75"x1.250" Wilwood rotors, Wilwood Dynolite calipers. Rear, Wilwood 12x0.800-inch rotors and four-piston calipers with integral mechanical parking brake.

-Wheel Vintiques steel Rallyes, 15"x7" (front) and 15"x8" (rear).
    -Dunlop 8000-series 245/50-15s all the way around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hrdp_0612_04_z+1968_chevy_camaro+burnout.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	1185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hrdp_0612_13_z+1968_chevy_camaro+driving_test.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	1186

UPDATED: 5/27/15 by Alex Healey
    Last edited by Alex Healey; 05-27-2015 at 11:56 AM.

rickyr Guest

Default Sharp

Nice setup. Glad to have you with us. Thanks.

milesspeed Guest

Thanks Ricky! She's my baby! I had to have her in storage the last month to work on my Mustang but she's home now. I missed her!

Bowling Green, KY

Nice. Thanks for posting.

Really nice, love how clean & simple the engine bay is.
    '91 Mustang Notchback, daily driver/drag car. 306", 3000 lbs with me & full interior, Team-z upper/lower CA's, X pipe & MAC Pro Dumps, built AOD, Silverfox custom valve body, BTE custom 4000 stall, 4.56s, Trick Flow Track Heat heads, Track Max cam, 1.72 RR, ported rpm air-gap, Terminator EFI, 12 gallon fuel cell, Strange adjustable shocks, 4 cyl front springs, M/T 295/50/16 drag radials. 11.95@115