Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FAST Dual Sync Distributor Instructions - Holley EFI

Thanks, Danny.

MSD 5520 is a CD type of ignition box. Can it be used?

Yes, use the "Points Output" white wire trigger.
    The MSD CD ignition box is wired as shown in the Holley EFI Wiring Manual:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Figure 11, Page 20)

May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Hello all. I was hoping to get a few questions cleared up about converting to a DIS setup on my naturally aspirated SBF 347. I have an HP ECU and I just finished installing & setting up the FAST Dual Sync Distributor from a TFI setup in my 1995 Mustang. First off thank you for the very thorough information in this thread, it has been a real life saver. I followed everything to a T in post #1. I've also acquired and mounted some MSD Street Fire LSX coils, they are the type with the heat sinks that resemble the D585 truck coils. Can anyone summarize the changes in the V4 EFI software that I need to get started?

I know I need to change the Output Setup to DIS CNP, however, I was unsure if I should be using the DIS 5V or DIS Active Low. Most of what I have read in this forum says to set dwell from 3.5 to 5 ms. I know I should probably consult MSD for proper Dwell Time, I was just curious if anyone had any input for this setting.

One last thing. I read in the HP EFI smart coil sub harness instructions, it recommends cutting out the 18 gauge wire and installing 14 gauge wire for coils using less than 4.5 ms dwell, or 10 gauge for above 4.5. the car will be strictly a street car. I've fabricated my own coil harness and I used 14 gauge for the sub harnesses and 10 gauge from the point where they come together to where they meet the relay. Will this be sufficient? Thanks in advance for any help I greatly appreciate it! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Can anyone summarize the changes in the V4 EFI software that I need to get started?
    Ignition Type ............. ― "Custom"
    Crank Sensor Type ..... ― "1 Pulse/Fire"
    Sensor Type .............. ― "Digital Rising"
    Inductive Delay .......... ― "adjusted per application" (← Synchronization info.)
    Ignition Reference Angle ― "50°" (← Inherent rotor-phasing of this unit.)
    Cam Sensor Type ........ ― "Single Pulse"
    Sensor Type .............. ― "Digital Rising"
    Output Setup Type ..... ― "DIS Coil On Plug" (← GM LSx ignition coils.)
    Dwell Time ................ ― "3.5-5.0 msec" (← Read end of page 3 - LINK.)

I know I need to change the Output Setup to DIS CNP, however, I was unsure if I should be using the DIS 5V or DIS Active Low.
    Output Setup Type ..... ― "DIS Coil On Plug" (← GM LSx ignition coils.)

Most of what I have read in this forum says to set dwell from 3.5 to 5 ms. I know I should probably consult MSD for proper Dwell Time, I was just curious if anyone had any input for this setting.
    Dwell Time ................ ― "3.5-5.0 msec" (← Read end of page 3 - LINK.)

I read in the HP EFI smart coil sub harness instructions, it recommends cutting out the 18 gauge wire and installing 14 gauge wire for coils using less than 4.5 ms dwell, or 10 gauge for above 4.5. the car will be strictly a street car. I've fabricated my own coil harness and I used 14 gauge for the sub harnesses and 10 gauge from the point where they come together to where they meet the relay. Will this be sufficient?
    Yes.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thank you Danny.

You're welcome.