Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAST Dual Sync Distributor Instructions - Holley EFI

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    I set it up using the 558-313 instructions. But I haven't switched over to sequential yet, so I just wanted to be sure for when I do.
    Update this thread when you're sequentially injected. If the Holley 558-313 instructions were all you needed for proper installation, I'll probably remove the old instructions from the Holley EFI Tech Department. (I don't want it confusing anyone else.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Update: Finished my conversion to sequential MPFI.
    I used the instructions that came with the Holley EFI 558-313 ignition adapter harness.
    I had to crank it a bit to get the air out of the fuel lines, but then it fired right up, and idled very nice for a first start.

Danny, I had to reinstall my distributor and I'm confused on how I did it before. I need 50° BTDC, which is approximately 3.5 in from 0 (no issue).
    However, there's a discrepancy in the FAST vs Holley instructions. The Holley instructions dictate you must find the cam light (green), then crank light then continue until the edge of the next crank light. FAST instructions say to find cam light, then find the edge of next crank light. Those are different directives, wondering if you know more. Holley tech is saying it after 2 crank lights, FAST says 1. I'm sure others will encounter this.

Thanks, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 68chevelle View Post
    However, there's a discrepancy in the FAST vs Holley instructions.
    You're supposed to use the Holley EFI 558-313 instructions (Link), not the FAST instructions. That's what the last few posts of this thread are about. Holley instructions for Holley EFI, and FAST instructions for FAST EFI.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Awesome. Thanks again bud. I'll refer to the tech notes on page one. The Holley instructions just refer to wiring, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 68chevelle View Post
    The Holley instructions just refer to wiring, etc.
    Actually, the Holley 558-313 instructions (Link) state:
    "2. Distributor Installation
    Install the distributor per the instructions included with the distributor. Use the “50 Degree Reference Angle” instructions."

Finishing this install tomorrow, but confused by you saying that a coil wire must be added to Holley EFI harness to control this ignition setup?
    Setting up a Terminator with this distributor/E6 coil, and this harness adapter yellow loose "coil" wire hooks to the E6 white?
    These connection instructions would be great to include with the harness, rather than searching through for a different system wiring harness setup.
    Also, why is this not a programming option in the handheld programmer?

Quote Originally Posted by jlast View Post
    Finishing this install tomorrow, but confused by you saying that a coil wire must be added to Holley EFI harness to control this ignition setup?
    The earlier Terminator EFI wiring harnesses didn't have the loose Points Output white wire. It does now.

Setting up a Terminator with this distributor/E6 coil, and this harness adapter yellow loose "coil" wire hooks to the E6 white?
    The FAST Dual Sync distributor doesn't use the loose yellow wire. It uses the loose white wire, with a CD ignition box.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....4913#post44913 (Additional Information)

These connection instructions would be great to include with the harness, rather than searching through for a different system wiring harness setup.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10687rev2.pdf (FAST Dual Sync Distributor Instructions)

Also, why is this not a programming option in the handheld programmer?
    The Terminator EFI was originally intended for very basic computer controller distributor applications.
    With Ford TFI/GM HEI and a CD ignition box, the ignition module directly triggers the CD ignition box; not the loose white wire in the main harness.
    Loose White wire: The ECU's "Points Output" loose white wire (A6-P1A) in EFI harness, transmits a ground pulse trigger for an ignition box.

Thank you for the response and information. OK, no need for additional wire...got it.

Reference to another completely different manual for Hall-Effect setup which is not included with the Terminator, nor with this adapter. And it calls for a connection to a white wire, which from what we talked about, is actually the yellow wire on the Terminator? I.E. Figure 11.

Yes, for the adapter instructions, basic plug & play with 50 degree, but does not cover actual how to control or not control, but still signal ignition. I've read all of these except the synchronization, which I will now. But this info was not with either the Terminator or the adapter. Only found here searching online (other than basic adapter stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by jlast View Post
    OK, no need for additional wire...got it.
    Yes there is, if you have an earlier Terminator EFI main harness without the loose "Points Output" white wire.

And it calls for a connection to a white wire, which from what we talked about, is actually the yellow wire on the Terminator?
    No! The Terminator with a FAST Dual Sync distributor uses the loose "Points Output" white wire to trigger a CD ignition box.
    The FAST Dual Sync distributor does not use the loose yellow wire. It uses the loose white wire, with a CD ignition box.

I.E. Figure 11.
    Figure 11 shows the loose white wire triggering the CD ignition box, not a yellow wire.
    This is not to be confused with the yellow (signal), black (ground) & orange (+12V) crank sensor wires.

With Ford TFI/GM HEI and a CD ignition box, the ignition module directly triggers the CD ignition box; not the loose white wire in the main harness.
    Loose White wire: The ECU's "Points Output" loose white wire (A6-P1A) in EFI harness, transmits a ground pulse trigger for a CD ignition box.

Yes, for the adapter instructions, basic plug & play with 50 degree, but does not cover
    actual how to control or not control, but still signal ignition.
    Everything you need to know about connecting the FAST Dual Sync distributor is in post #1.

But this info was not with either the Terminator or the adapter. Only found here searching online...(other than basic adapter stuff).
    If you'd like to submit a formal complaint, call Holley Tech Service (Link).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast