Thread: O2 Setting

Default O2 Setting

How do you set the correct Transport Delay setting?
    How do you know if it is too long or too short?
    I'm working at idle for the moment, I can get a pretty good idle with fuel map; cell steady in 1 to 2 cells, O2 voltage around .7V in open loop.
    But as soon as I go closed loop, the O2V are all over the place and my idle suffers.
    I have a narrowband O2 mounted in the collector of long tube headers.
    Any suggestions would be grateful. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ecmauto View Post
    How do you set the correct Transport Delay setting?
    Read pages 40, 55 & 79 of the C950 Tuning Manual:
    http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...l/R10149-7.pdf (C950 tuning Manual)

Here are good settings for most users:
    "O2 Compensation Step Size" - try
    2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
    "Seconds Between O2 Compensation Step Changes" (Transport Delay) - try
    0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0.35, 0.3, 0.28, 0.26, 0.24, 0.22, 0.20, 0.18, 0.16, 0.14, 0.12, 0.11, 0.10

But as soon as I go closed loop, the O2V are all over the place and my idle suffers.
    It may not be due to the O2 sensor settings.
    A narrowband O2 sensor is just a switching device that can only read 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio.
    If you're setting the idle or any other segment of the Fuel Map leaner or richer than 14.7 AFR
    (in Closed Loop), the narrowband O2 sensor won't respond properly because it's not designed to.

I have a narrowband O2 mounted in the collector of long tube headers.
    You're really wasting your time; you need a wideband O2 sensor in order to tune an engine.
    I highly suggest Holley's own 534-197 WBO2 sensor kit; it's "plug & play" with the C950 harness:
    http://www.race-mart.com/Holley_Perf...L-534-197.html
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.