Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Commander 950 still viable?

Tom K Guest

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post
    The throttle bores are 1 3/4" and the only numbers stamped on it are, L80671 021 6 in the air horn and 12R-11157B on the linkage side of the body. I think with 1 3/4" bores it's a 900 cfm. But I can't find any thing that tells me what the injectors are. They are stamped on the top 6215A 5719. Does anyone know what this thing is?
    The 80671 TBI assembly is 900 CFM with 75 PPH injectors. Your injector number 6215A 5719 confirms the injector size. The service part number for the injectors is 522-80.

Tom - Holley Tech Service

droopie85gt Guest

Cool! I think I definitely got a deal. As long as the ECU powers up! It doesn't look like the throttle body has ever been run.
    The instructions talk about controlling an electric fan, but as I identified all the unterminated wires in the harness, I don't see one to control a fan relay. Is there supposed to be one?
    What's the MAT or IAT # for the TBI? I'm guessing that's what is sticking thru the air cleaner ring. I imagine it's a thermistor with shrink wrap around it.
    One new question from reading the instructions through about 3 times. It has an A/C command wire, but says it's not normally needed.
    So that means, when you have it tuned correctly, the IAC should be able to maintain idle speed on its own? And if I read it right, that wire jumps to a certain rpm level?
    I'm just wondering how well the IAC can keep up with A/C and parallel parking (power steering load).

Tom K Guest

The instructions talk about controlling an electric fan, but as I identified all the unterminated wires in the harness, I don't see one to control a fan relay. Is there supposed to be one?
    The cooling fan driver output is the C1 pin at the ECU. You could move a pin from an unused location and make up a harness with a relay, but I would recommend that you pickup Holley part number 534-134. It will include the proper relay fan harness and relay trigger wire with pin for the C1 terminal. This will eliminate the chance of component mismatch that could damage the ECU.

Tom - Holley Tech Service

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt
    Yes, unfortunately, the wire has to be added to the harness, but it's easy.
    http://www.holley.com/534-134.asp (C950 Cooling Fan Relay Kit)
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10158rev.pdf (Instruction Sheet)

What's the MAT or IAT # for the TBI? I'm guessing that's what is sticking thru the air cleaner ring. I imagine it's a thermistor with shrink wrap around it.
    Yes, it's the shrink-tubed IAT sensor and it's a proprietary Holley sensor. Even when I was running TBI, I converted to the MPFI style MAT sensor. This link explains those details with part numbers:
    http://www.holley.com/forums/showthr...=1034#post1034 (IAT Sensor vs. MAT Sensor)

It has an A/C command wire, but says it's not normally needed. So that means, when you have it tuned correctly, the IAC should be able to maintain idle speed on its own?
    The IAC valve has no problem maintaining idle speed when the A/C is on (or power steering load). The A/C Request wire is for engines that require a higher idle speed when the A/C or other large load is turned on. It's not because the IAC valve can't maintain the target idle speed.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

droopie85gt Guest

Yes! It powers on and is firmware 3.6. I hooked up the TPS on the TBI and it works. I can hear the fuel pump relay click on and off and goes from red (on) to off in the software.
    Time to gather pieces. I need to get a MAP sensor and coolant sensor. I believe everything else is on the TBI, and I'm going to use my Innovate Motorsports LC-1 Wideband.
    What are common GM applications for the MAP & CTS, so I can pick them up locally?

Default Replacement Sensors For Holley EFI - Auto Parts Store

What are common GM applications for the MAP & CTS, so I can pick them up locally?
    Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    Holley EFI Replacement Sensors - Auto Parts Store
    CTS Sensor: .............. Standard Motor Products TX3 (TBI, MPFI, Terminator, Sniper, Stealth Ram & GM LSx)
    TPS Sensor: .............. Standard Motor Products TH32 (TBI), TH191 (MPFI, Terminator & Sniper), TH37 (Stealth Ram), TH51 (LT1), TH149 (LSx)
    MAP Sensor 1 bar: ...... Standard Motor Products AS17 (TBI, MPFI & Stealth Ram), AS6 (Pro-Jection), AS60 (Terminator & GM LSx)
    MAP Sensor 2 & 3 bar: .Standard Motor Products AS4 2 bar MAP sensor, AS210 3 bar MAP sensor (TBI, MPFI & Stealth Ram)
    MAT/IAT Sensor (LINK): Standard Motor Products AX1 (TBI, MPFI & Stealth Ram), AX32 (Terminator & GM LSx)
    IAC Motor (LINK): ....... Standard Motor Products AC416 (TBI, MPFI, Terminator & Sniper), AC16 (Stealth Ram), AC234 (GM LSx)
    WBO2 Sensor: ............ Bosch 17025, 0258017025 (Sniper & Terminator X only - LINK/LINK/LINK/LINK)
    ................................ The Avenger, Terminator, HP & Dominator EFI systems (TBI & MPFI) use a proprietary Holley/Bosch or Holley/NTK
    ................................ WBO2 sensor that's specifically made & calibrated for the Holley EFI (LINK/LINK). Not available at auto parts stores.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...ction/sensors/ (Holley EFI Sensors)
    (The Sniper 2 bar MAP sensor is internal with the ECU. The Sniper IAT sensor is a circuit board sensor that measures one throttle bore.)
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 02-05-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12