Thread: What psi are the Pro-Jection injector flow rates rated at?

Default What psi are the Pro-Jection injector flow rates rated at?

I found that they flow 85lb/hr, but I don't know at what psi.
    My Pro-Jection 2D runs the best at 18 psi on my engine. But for a new project, I need to know how many lb/hr that equals.

The TBI fuel pressure is rated at 18 psi for the old style B2 injectors, and 21 psi for the new style Delphi injectors.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Just so I can tell them apart:
    I had one of each Pro-Jection TBI. As I recall, the "old" style had a black "cap" that plugged onto the top of the 2-pronged injector. (As I recall that one came with the analog Pro-Jection) I also read that the old style had a flow rating of 75 lb/hr.

And the 2nd one I have, which I think is the newer style, has a Weather-Pack style connector on the top that comes out at 90-degrees. The newer style are 85 lb/hr right?
    So according to online injector calculators, the old style injectors rated at 75 lb/hr @ 18 psi, actually out-flow the new style at the same fuel pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by B2-BOMBER View Post
    I also read that the old style had a flow rating of 75lb/hr.
    The older B2 injectors had black round top caps.
    Holley never offered these in a 75 lb/hr version; only 65 & 85 lb/hr for their 700 & 900 CFM TBI units (respectively).

The newer style are 85lb/hr right?
    The newer Delphi injectors have an actual 2-wire connector on top.
    Holley offers these in 65 lb/hr (700 CFM TBI unit), and 75 & 85 lb/hr versions for their 900 CFM TBI units.

So according to online injector calculators, the old style injectors rated at 75lb/hr @18psi, actually out-flow the new style at the same fuel pressure?
    Yes, however, the fuel pressure can be raised to 43 psi on the Delphi TBI injectors (not so with the B2 injectors).
    Although, the TBI fuel pressure regulator (spring) will reach its maximum (bottom-out) around 26 psi.
    Of course, you can abandon the TBI fuel pressure regulator, and use a remote fuel pressure regulator.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Yes, however, the fuel pressure can be raised to 43+ psi on the Delphi TBI injectors (not so with the B2 injectors).
    Although, the TBI fuel pressure regulator (spring) will reach its maximum (bottom-out) around 26 psi.
    Of course, you can abandon the TBI fuel pressure regulator and use a remote fuel pressure regulator.
    That is a very useful detail on the new injectors. That means at about 40 psi the injectors could flow 117+ PPH each. Enough to support 900+ HP in a 4 barrel unit. I was not aware of this any of the Holley instructions. Holley should make this more public.

Quote Originally Posted by gregj2 View Post
    That means at about 40 psi the injectors could flow 117+ PPH each. Enough to support 900+ HP in a 4 barrel unit.
    Well, there's at least two things to consider with that scenario:
    1) At 900 HP, you really want equal cylinder-to-cylinder fuel distribution (MPFI).
    2) At that much pressure, the injector pulse-width may be too low to idle well.

Another option, is using a remote fuel pressure regulator with the vacuum/boost reference hose. Even though the TBI fuel injectors aren't subjected to intake manifold pressure, the vacuum/boost reference hose will lower the fuel pressure at idle & low load conditions, and still raise the fuel pressure (1:1 ratio) under boosted conditions (forced induction applications).

Of the 3 different "new" style (65, 75, 85) which ones came in a 2-barrell Pro-Jection 2D?

The Parts List on page 5, states the throttle body assembly has 80 lb/hr fuel injectors:
    https://www.holley.com/document/199r9777-6rev2.pdf (Pro-Jection 2D Manual)

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering what the pressure limits are of the older B2 injectors. Are they good with the regulator maxed at 28 psi?

Quote Originally Posted by Jltait View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering what the pressure limits are of the older B2 injectors. Are they good with the regulator maxed at 28 psi?
    That's not possible. The TBI fuel pressure regulator (spring) will reach its maximum (bottom-out) around 26 psi. However, it was always advised not to over-pressurize the old B2 TBI injectors.