Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LS1 Idle Surge

Fuel - MPFI up to 409CI, cam 226-245 @ .050"
    Idle - 800 RPM idle, MPFI
    Spark - 25 degrees idle, 34 WOT

Still not perfect, had trouble getting it started yesterday. Hooked laptop up to double check everything and finally got it smoothed out again. Might have forgotten to save changes to ECU. Gonna try to work on it more tonight.

I had a hunting idle issue with my LS1 for quite a while, but finally I fixed it by changing the Advanced Idle Control setting from LSx to Slow.
    That may be why your hunting idle was fixed when you changed to the MPFI Idle ICF.
    But now your fuel map might not be optimum for an LS1, which might be why you would occasionally have trouble starting it.
    I had to fine tune the startup enrichment numbers to get my engine to start quickly at all coolant temperatures.
    1987 Spitzer Altered, LS1, E85, 9.22 @ 141

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123