Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.7" LCD Touch Screen ROCKS!

torc55 Guest

Default 5.7" LCD Touch Screen ROCKS!

Definitely worth the $. Perfect size, doesn't interfere with any console gauge views or glove compartment areas. Absolutely love the functionality of the gauge displays and the fuel/spark table modification. Very similar to the software, but no need for the laptop anymore. The Main gauge display:

Secondary display:

"Modern" display:

Solitaire - no kidding. If you get stuck in traffic, or the track has been oiled and it'll be a while.
    Last edited by torc55; 01-09-2011 at 11:11 AM.

This is how I mounted my Holley EFI Touchscreen LCD:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ounting-Option
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 01-09-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Default Dimensions?

What are the external dimensions of the LCD? I'm looking to integrate into a console or dashboard.

Thanks.

External Dimensions:
    5 1/16" height
    6 1/2" width
    1 3/8" depth

FYI: The right side has an SD card socket and a mini USB port, so it can't
    be fully recessed in (unless you're addressing that issue into the design).

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

abumalik Guest

Default Why can't I use my iPad or iPhone to do this?

Hi, does anyone know if there are plans to have iPhone or android apps that can act as a display gauge (at least). Not being bale to use the standard market OBD-II standard is one of the main drawbacks I encountered after I have thrown away my stock ECU.

oregonjoe Guest

We have been looking into implementing iPad/iPhone support for a variety of CAN Bus ECMs and wanted to include Holley on the list. We already have fully function Apps and H/W gateways for J19 & N2K. Most just require a few CAN Bus commands and the ECM will output streaming data we just format and send up to iPad over WiFi link.

It would be great if Holley allowed others to access its CAN Bus data then it is all viewable on an iPad. Can we just get a few simple tidbits of information to unlock the true potential of the Holley ECMs. Just what PID? to use to enable data out and data rates. We know they like their Touchscreen, but the universe is much bigger than that.

I have my LCD touchscreen hooked up to my Dominator EFI. It's seems to work fine but when I open any of the gauge layouts none of my information appears in them. I know that the LCD is communicating with the Dominator because all system info comes up in monitor screen showing TPS, AFR, etc. Is there something that I'm supposed to setup before I can see this on the gauge screens?
    Last edited by 93aod; 06-14-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 93aod View Post
    Is there something that I'm supposed to setup before I can see this on the gauge screens?
    Which software & firmware versions are you using?
    Software: click "Help" tab (top toolbar) & "About Holley EFI".
    Firmware: click "Sync With ECU" & "Get ECU Info" (Key-on/USB connected).
    The latest software & firmware can be downloaded here:
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Holley EFI Technical Library)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10546rev1.pdf (HP & Dominator Quick Start Guide)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rmwarerev1.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)
    Before updating firmware, ensure the current Global Folder is saved somewhere, since it will be erased from the ECU.

The latest V2 software can be downloaded here: https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection
    Read the 199R10632rev5 PDF document for a "V2 Software Update Overview" (in "Holley EFI V2 Instructions").
    Be sure to successfully install the new V2 software, before installing the ECU firmware (read "V2 Update Instructions").
    Ensure the Holley EFI software is not open and the ECU is not powered on/connected when installing the new software.

If you're using the above V2 software/firmware, have you updated the TSLCD?
    The TSLCD needs to be updated separately. Click here for the three files:
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Holley V2 5.7" Touchscreen LCD Updates)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...een_update.pdf (How To Update Touchscreen LCD)
    The CAN Bus wiring should look exactly like figure 3, on page 3 of the Touchscreen LCD Manual.
    Some HC (High Capacity) SD cards can also cause problems with the TSLCD.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonjoe View Post
    We know they like their Touchscreen, but the universe is much bigger than that.
    The CAN Bus is currently only for Holley hardware such as the Digital Dash display, LCD Touchscreens, Avenger/Terminator handheld controller, Racepak dash displays & future devices, etc.

I just checked and I have the newest versions. When I open any of the gauge displays all of the gauges say Air/Fuel Left with no readings.
    If I set it on one of the digital RPM displays, RPM shows when cranking. Any ideas? How am I supposed to change the gauge preferences, on the multiple gauge view LCD?

Quote Originally Posted by 93aod View Post
    How am I supposed to change the gauge preferences, on the multiple gauge view LCD?
    Yes, the gauges must be selected and configured by the user. Tap on a gauge for options.
    Read section 9.0 "Gauge Application", on page 11 of the Touchscreen LCD Manual:
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10524rev4.pdf (TSLCD Manual)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast