Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holley carb - more pumps to start cold.

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    ...so how do I turn up the idle a little bit?
    Turn the idle speed screw in.
    You really should read the Holley 4160 owner's manual.
    If you don't have it, any 4160 owner's manual will suffice.
    Some of these adjustments can affect the safe operation of the vehicle.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I went out this morning engine was totally cold. I pumped the throttle 1 time and it fired right up. I'm very happy! On the carb I'm not sure which screw is the idle speed screw? When I got this car the only thing that came with it was the owners manual for the car nothing about the engine performance upgrades or any other manuals. Do you know if there a place online maybe I could find a manual I could copy for that carb or one similar? That's the only thing left to do is turn the idle up just a little at the moment. It seems too low when it's warmed up in drive like it could die. It hasn't yet but don't wanna take the chance. Thanks again for all your help. I'm glad there's people like you on these forums that don't mind helping others in their time of need, that don't know much about this stuff. Your greatly appreciated. Thank you.

On the carb I'm not sure which screw is the idle speed screw?
    The idle speed screw is the spring loaded screw that adjusts the throttle lever connected to your accelerator cable/linkage.
    http://www.holley.com/data/Products/...9R10416rev.pdf (See figure 6 on last page.)

Do you know if there a place online maybe I could find a manual I could copy for that carb or one similar?
    http://www.holley.com/data/Products/...R7849-2rev.pdf (High Performance Tuning Manual)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

It's weird, I clicked on both links and it downloaded it and showed me a bunch of numbers and letters. I must not have the right software for those links.

I must not have the right software for those links.
    You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. Free download here.

OK I know where it is now, for now I think that will do the trick. Thank you again for all the help!! I know this is a Holley carb site was wondering if you could run me through the steps of making sure my points have the right gap and how to set the dwell. I have a dwell meter but last time I used it or the points was like 5 years ago and I don't have the best memory, I forgot how to do both. I'll understand if you don't want to help with this I know its a carb site was just wondering? If not it's all good. Thank you for all the info and all your help, much appreciated!

I know this is a Holley carb site was wondering if you could run me through the steps of making sure my points have the right gap and how to set the dwell.
    Replacing points & checking dwell:
    http://www.cdxetextbook.com/electric...econtacts.html
    http://www.autozone.com/autozone/rep...00c15280279e9d

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12