Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Wiring an Electric Cooling Fan - Holley EFI

Exactly Danny. He kind of danced around the issue without giving me anything specific.

Default Displaying Fan Duty Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    It works exactly like that. When the fan starts to spin, there is no noise at all. The idle doesn't change, nothing changes. Even when the fan spins up to 70% (this rarely happens), you just hear wind noise. The fans speeds up & slows down gently, and it's virtually silent. I have my Holley Digital Dash configured to show the fan speed as % duty cycle, so I have a good handle on how fast it's spinning when I drive. Andrew
    Andrew, I'm trying to figure out how to display the fan duty cycle on my Digital Dash. I've got a switch and indicator light working, but can't figure out the duty cycle. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Add a simple numerical gauge, configure it to display the fan output, whatever you named it. I also add a math channel, since 5% is OFF, so I do channel minus 5, so it shows zero when off. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago

Thanks. I got it working. I created two PWM Outputs, one for normal fan and the other for A/C On fans at a fixed output, and was testing with the A/C On, but monitoring the the other. Thanks for the tip on the math channel.

You don't need a second channel if you have the A/C as an Input to the ECU. You can logic to split the single Output config. I have this working on a friend's car.
    IG @projectgattago

I do have the A/C input, that's what I use to switch between the two outputs. That's how I figured out how to do it on an HP EFI system in another vehicle last summer, and just added PWM to a Dominator EFI system I have. So I did it the same way. How do you get a second PWM Table configured using just the single output? I'd like to try it, just so I can learn how to do it.

I have the details posted somewhere. Search my name for my posts.
    IG @projectgattago

Found it, thanks. I think I'll try that on my Dominator EFI system. That way I can display my fan duty cycle with just one gauge. It takes a village to raise an idiot! I love this forum!

Glad to help.
    IG @projectgattago

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314