Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Wiring an Electric Cooling Fan - Holley EFI

If you're spending the time to rewire your fan, I would go PWM. The C6 Corvette module works great. But you can also use the module from a Ford Fusion. I have them both. They are the same module. I got the complete Ford Fusion rad fan assemble from an auto wreckers for $50. That way I got all the wiring & plugs. The engine temp is a lot more constant, even on a hot day with the A/C on the engine temp only goes up by about 3°F and the DC doesn't go much past 60%. I can't remember the year Fusion, but it's in one of the threads about PWM radiator fan control. I'm not positive, but I think the years are '06 to '09 Ford Fusion.
    Last edited by 81 TransAm; 10-15-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Ford Fusion. The Crown Victorias also used PWM fans, but the controller is different. I'd be curious to try it. Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    If you're spending the time to rewire your fan...
    He's not rewiring his fan, he just needs to change one end of one wire.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Anyone knows the max AMP rating of the those controllers (ACDelco C6 & Ford Fusion)?
    I bought two Derale 14" fans with each 23 amps and would like to run it with a PWM controller.

The C6 Corvette fan is rated at 400 watts, which works out to about 32 amps. People have used dual controllers before with great success. You can split the PWM signal wire from the Holley. Andrew

Wiring up the additional things I need such as the IAC, VSS, and finally the PWM for my cooling fan, using the same parts as Andrewb70 did. I am, however, having a problem with pin B3. It shows it can work as a G, no other option like P− to select, which is what I need. Pin B10 shows P− as an option, and I've used that for the IAC motor ground, as the Mass-Flo EFI throttle body uses a Ford 5.0L IAC motor. How can I change this?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff@califon View Post
    I am, however, having a problem with pin B3. It shows it can work as a G, no other option like P− to select, which is what I need.
    Did you create this electric fan Output in the Inputs/Outputs ICF? HP ECU? Pin B3 is a "G" & "P−" Output Type. (Andrewb70 posted a complete tech video on this.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I thought I would share my relay wiring diagram that I created. It may be useful for anyone trying to wire up a single dual speed fan & A/C. Note that when the ECU is calling for High speed fan, the power is routed only through the 75 amp relay. Feel free to improve upon this if needed, it's basically just a rough sketch I drew up to follow while I was wiring up my accessories.

1995 Mustang: 347 stroker, Ford Motorsport block, Probe Industries rotating assembly & main girdle, I-beam rods & forged aluminum pistons, 8.5:1 compression, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads, Track Heat intake, Comp Cams NX282HR-14, FMS 1.6 rockers with ARP pushrods, Accufab 70 mm throttle body, 4R70W transmission. Baumannator TCS.
    Current project: Holley HP EFI with DeatschWerks 50 lb/hr injectors, FAST Dual Sync Distributor, DIS conversion with MSD Street Fire coils.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    I thought I would share my relay wiring diagram that I created. It may be useful for anyone trying to wire up a single dual speed fan & A/C. Note that when the ECU is calling for High speed fan, the power is routed only through the 75 amp relay. Feel free to improve upon this if needed, it's basically just a rough sketch I drew up to follow while I was wiring up my accessories.
    This is way easier to do with PWM fan control. Yes, you need a PWM controller, but it also eliminates a bunch of relays. Andrew