Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Wiring an Electric Cooling Fan - Holley EFI

Are you specifically asking about the C6 fan controller?

Fusion, but same connector, right?

Yes it is. I'm not sure why Mouser stoped carrying the Kostel connector. Your plan to pot the controller is not a bad idea, just make sure that whatever connector you put on it can handle the load. You want a connector that can handle at least 35 amps. I would probably use a Metri-Pack 630 series 3-cavity connector.

The cheapest way to get a connector nowadays is to buy a complete Fusion fan with the controller. They're actually great fans and can be purchased for under $200 with the controller.

The other option, which is what I prefer now, is to use the new OEM SPAL brushless fans which have the controller built in. The mating connectors are readily available from SPAL. The C7 Corvette fan is an excellent option and is about $250. It's a 600 watt fan and many of my customers have used it with great success. There are other options as well. What are you working on? Andrew

It's a Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger, so it's very tight for space. These cars are notoriously difficult to cool (I have a real Tiger as well). For this car the engine is moved back slightly, I'm using the shortest front cover available (SN95/Explorer), an electric water pump, and a custom radiator that has been angled and moved forward in the car. And with that I still only have ~4" between the water pump motor and the radiator. The radiator is 16" tall, and I'm using a 14" Derale fan and shroud that is 2.75" thick. Fan isn't shown in these pics, but on a stock Tiger the radiator is completely behind that flange that has been cut away on mine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8086.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	10759 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8085.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	10760

I think I have a spare used wiring harness and module for the C6/Fusion fan controller. I can check tomorrow and post some pics if you're interested in it.

I found the wiring plugs and a spare module. PM me if you're interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201026_152712418.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	10764  

@81 TransAm: Nice! You have the SPAL mating connectors as well, which I highly recommend using. Andrew

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516