Thread: Terminator EFI Question

Default Terminator EFI Question

In April when the Terminator EFI comes to market, I plan on getting it for my LQ9 project. I have a performer RPM carb intake on the engine, and I'm thinking about installing my plate nitrous system under the TBI, and cap off the fuel rail and just use the plate as a dry 150 shot. Will the self learning ECU be quick enough to enrich for the nitrous, or do I need to laptop tune, and use the ECU to trigger the nitrous, and timing retard. Would it be better to use the plate as a wet system?

I was also wondering how well the Terminator TBI will work, as the MPFI injectors it uses, won't have the MPFI intended spray pattern, but instead will rely on the conical rings in the TBI for atomization. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 66 Beaumont View Post
    Will the self learning ECU be quick enough to enrich for the nitrous, or do I need to laptop tune, and use the ECU to trigger the nitrous, and timing retard?
    Yes, the ECU is quick enough to enrich the fuel for dry N2O.
    Yes, you'll need to laptop program the N2O system (See Nitrous Oxide ICF).
    The fuel table needs to be well tuned before using N2O, because the N2O Added Fuel Enrichment is adding to the Base Fuel Table (whatever tune it's in).

Would it be better to use the plate as a wet system?
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....with-Plate-N2O (Similar Forum Thread)

I was also wondering how well the Terminator TBI will work, as the MPFI injectors it uses, won't have the MPFI intended spray pattern, but instead will rely on the conical rings in the TBI for atomization.
    The Terminator's MPFI injectors don't spray directly into the engine, so their spray pattern doesn't matter.
    The annular discharge fuel rings are responsible for the "spray pattern" (fuel entering the engine).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thank you for the quick response. I bet Holley is really doing their homework on the Terminator TB.
    It is much prettier than the Avenger TB, and I hope it performs as good as it looks.

I learned on this forum, that up until now, the best way for a TBI to squirt fuel, is above, and straight down on the throttle plates.