Thread: Factory TPI / HP Stealth Ram / Terminator or other...

Default Factory TPI / HP Stealth Ram / Terminator or other...

Hello, I am fairly new to EFI and have been throwing around the idea to switch from carb. I currently have a mild SBC .30 over, 0 decked, flat tops and 305 HO Heads (Hoping to change this soon) with a T56 in a S-10. I purchased a complete factory TPI setup a while back and have not installed it yet. I have been debating purchasing the 550-601 to replace the outdated electronics that came with the TPI setup I purchased. I have also been looking at the 550-820 Stealth Ram kit to replace my hole TPI setup. Now I see this new 550-604 Terminator TBI setup.

I plan to run GM small cap HEI for timing control to start, with possible future upgrade to COP... Also plan to upgrade the heads for better performance. So my questions is which EFI option would give me the best bang (performance) for my $$.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTrux View Post
    So my questions is which EFI option would give me the best bang (performance) for my $$.
    Holley Stealth Ram is the best of those options.
    MPFI offers better cylinder-to-cylinder fuel distribution than TBI, and the Stealth Ram flows a lot better than OEM TPI.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thank you Danny for the input.
    I have another question. How does the Stealth Ram (550-820) compare to the 4bbl Multi-Point (550-810) performance-wise? Currently on Summit, the kits for both are the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTrux View Post
    How does the Stealth Ram (550-820) compare to the 4bbl Multi-Point (550-810) performance-wise?
    Supposedly, the Stealth Ram will outflow the average single plane intake manifold, but probably not the high end racing single plane manifolds.
    I realize you have a mild SBC and single plane manifolds usually aren't a good choice. The Stealth Ram will probably have better port velocity.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thank you for your quick response and advice.