Thread: Commander 950 software error message.

Thumbs up Commander 950 software error message.

Hi, I have problems with software running (or lack of it).
    The software installs correctly but when I try to transfer data
    I get an error message: Run time error 8010.
    I downloaded off the website to 3 different computers (2 x XP & 1 x Vista)
    and they came up with the same message (ran as admin also).
    Any help please?
    Cheers, Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    The software installs correctly but when I try to
    transfer data I get an error message: Run time error 8010.
    Is this with a serial cable or a USB-to-Serial cable?
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Hi Danny, it is with a serial cable. Does that help?
    Cheers, Alistair

Hi Danny, it is with a serial cable. Does that help?
    No, that's even worse because it almost always works fine with a serial cable.

Just curious, which C950 software & firmware versions do you have?
    Click on the About & Version tab (key-on) to find your current software & firmware versions.
    Your C950 software version must be compatible with your C950 firmware version:
    1.xx software = 1.xx firmware
    2.xx software = 2.xx firmware
    3.xx software = 3.xx firmware
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Hi Danny, thanks for helping.
    I downloaded the latest software version...3.07
    but I don't know about the firmware version.
    But I have another piece of the puzzle...
    After the "runtime error 8010" there is another message... "the hardware is not available (blocked by another device)".
    Does that help any?
    Cheers, Alistair

After the "runtime error 8010" there is another message... "the hardware is not available (blocked by another device)".
    Try without an AC car adapter, disconnecting background hardware, wireless/internet card removed, Bluetooth, etc...
    Also, ensure you don't have other software/programs running in the background (iPhone, iPad, sync updaters, etc.)

Thanks Danny but I have tried all what you suggested, even running in "safe mode".
    I don't know what to do next.
    Cheers, Alistair

This is a long shot, but see if anything from this quote helps you:

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    Right click the desktop icon for Properties, go to Compatibility and check "Run this program as an administrator".

Also, you can allow yourself full permissions, by editing the Security options
    (in Properties of desktop icon) to ensure you're not denied any access or control.

If you get an error when you are trying to save or delete a folder,
    your computer is not setup to give you “write” (save) privileges.
    To fix this, perform the following steps:
    · Select the “Start” button.
    · Select “Computer” and select drive “C”.
    · Select “Program Files”.
    · Right click your mouse on “CMDR950”.
    · Select “Properties”.
    · Select the “Security” tab.
    · Look at the “Group or user names”. You need to select the Group or user that is running the EFI software. This is likely the “Users” name.
    · Click on the proper “Group or user names” and look at the “Permissions for Users” at the bottom of the properties screen.
    If you are having a save problem the “Write” area is likely not checked in the “Allow” column.
    To correct this click the “Edit” button then click on the Allow “Full Control”. Hit “Apply” and “OK”.
    · You should then be able to save/delete/change a file.