Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing My Mind

MTCK Guest

Roger that. No I wasn't changing the value while reved, that came out wrong. Will post back with some wideband data tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
    Will post back with some wideband data tomorrow.
    Here's the C950 "Air/Fuel Ratio vs Voltage" scale for use with the AEM digital WBO2 sensor (10-20 AFR):
    0.00, 0.51, 0.75, 1.00, 1.25, 1.49, 1.75, 2.00, 2.14, 2.25, 2.37, 2.51, 2.75, 3.00, 3.49, 4.00
    http://www.aemintakes.com/instructio...-4100_inst.pdf

Here's the C950 "Air/Fuel Ratio vs Voltage" scale for use with the AEM analog WBO2 sensor (8.5-18 AFR):
    1.15, 1.55, 1.76, 1.98, 2.18, 2.40, 2.60, 2.82, 2.91, 3.02, 3.13, 3.22, 3.45, 3.66, 4.08, 4.50
    http://www.aemintakes.com/instructio...-5130_inst.pdf

"O2 Compensation Step Size" - try
    2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
    "Seconds Between O2 Compensation Step Changes" (Transport Delay) - try
    0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0.35, 0.3, 0.28, 0.26, 0.24, 0.22, 0.20, 0.18, 0.16, 0.14, 0.12, 0.11, 0.10

Set all the "O2 Compensation Limits" to the maximum of 25% for initial tuning purposes.
    Sometimes the "Minimum Engine Temp for Closed Loop Operation", should be increased to 150° for smoother warmup.
    Set the "Max TPS for Closed Loop Operation" to five more than your WOT TPS Position, to ensure the ECU never goes into open loop at WOT due to slight thermal TPS/linkage changes.
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 11-02-2010 at 10:00 AM.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

P.S. I'd love to try a different fuel map if you have an idea. Thanks. Marcus
    I attached a zipped file of a mild 350 base map that should work well for you. It already has the integrated AEM digital WBO2 sensor parameters set properly. (The AEM analog WBO2 gauge has different voltage values.) The C950 base maps are notoriously bad; this file has all the necessary corrections and just needs the Fuel Map fine tuned for your particular engine. Use the Data Logger; it will inform you of which cells need tuning (kPa & RPM) and how much (%).

If someone else wants to use this base map with another brand WBO2 sensor, simply enter the appropriate C950 "Air/Fuel Ratio vs Voltage" scale values. Innovate LC-1 users will enter these values: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/r...mmander950.pdf. Holley WBO2 users will enter the values in the instructions. Everyone will need to change the ignition and TPS settings, in the Engine Parameters screen. A good idle TPS reading is 28 (the TPS sensor mounting is slotted/adjustable). Also select TBI or Port Inj. (1 PW per 1 Rev).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 11-02-2010 at 04:20 AM.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

MTCK Guest

Thanks! I will upload this file as soon as I have the O2 sensor installed and will report back.

MTCK Guest

Got everything installed and it appears to be working. I didn't mess with it at all though, as I was getting too tired to think straight. After work tomorrow... The voltages that came with the sensor are a little different than what you posted. I'm not sure that this isn't a different unit. It is advertised as having a 8.5-18.0:1 AF ratio range. I'll post a pic of the table tomorrow.

I ended up pulling both of the wire looms with the unterminated wires apart and redoing them so that I could send both the controller and sensor ground right to the battery, and the voltage output and switched positive the other direction. The instructions included were a joke, but luckily I could get the full version off of their web page with my phone.

More tomorrow...

The voltages that came with the sensor are a little different than what you posted. I'm not sure that this isn't a different unit. It is advertised as having a 8.5-18.0:1 AF ratio range.
    OK...you must have purchased the AEM analog WBO2 gauge, as opposed to their digital WBO2 gauge.
    Yes, their analog voltage scale is different from their digital voltage scale.
    Be sure to enter the appropriate values in the C950 "Air/Fuel Ratio vs Voltage" scale:

Here's the C950 "Air/Fuel Ratio vs Voltage" scale for use with the AEM digital WBO2 sensor (10-20 AFR):
    0.00, 0.51, 0.75, 1.00, 1.25, 1.49, 1.75, 2.00, 2.14, 2.25, 2.37, 2.51, 2.75, 3.00, 3.49, 4.00
    http://www.aemintakes.com/instructio...-4100_inst.pdf

Here's the C950 "Air/Fuel Ratio vs Voltage" scale for use with the AEM analog WBO2 sensor (8.5-18 AFR):
    1.15, 1.55, 1.76, 1.98, 2.18, 2.40, 2.60, 2.82, 2.91, 3.02, 3.13, 3.22, 3.45, 3.66, 4.08, 4.50
    http://www.aemintakes.com/instructio...-5130_inst.pdf

MTCK Guest

Alright, we are in business. Finally got the timing set correctly. I could not believe it, but the correct ignition propagation delay is 1680!!! I'm glad I started going in increments larger than 20 on that one. Also my idle air control motor is going berserk, but I was able to make it work long enough to get the timing set and get on the road. I'll have to call tech support tomorrow. It is showing fully closed, idling at 1500 rpm (set at 800) and you can put your finger over the hole and it shuts right down. Cycling the key on and off seems to fix the problem, temporarily. Now to start the process of data logging and tuning... Thanks again Danny, I'm sure I'll come up with a whole slew of other questions now that I am to this stage!

Also my idle air control motor is going berserk, but I was able to make it work long enough to get the timing set and get on the road. I'll have to call tech support tomorrow. It is showing fully closed, idling at 1500 rpm (set at 800) and you can put your finger over the hole and it shuts right down. Cycling the key on and off seems to fix the problem, temporarily.
    With the engine fully warmed up, adjust the idle speed screw (screwdriver) to achieve an IAC Position of about 10.
    Also, make sure the first three cells on the "Minimum IAC Position" are set to zero. Are you using the map I attached?
    http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/sh...php?tid/154356 (Minimum IAC Position - firmware fix)

To verify proper IAC function, remove air filter and look into the IAC port. Shut engine off; the IAC pintle should fully seat (extend), then park (open) halfway. If it doesn't do this, the IAC circuit may be wired wrong. If so, consult the Wiring Diagrams in Appendix 10 of the C950 manual. Also, some wacky GM ignition modules have been know to induce electrical noise into the IAC circuit (and since your module needs 1680 Propagation Delay, it might be wacky):
    http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/sh...hp?tid/211246/
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 11-03-2010 at 05:02 AM.

MTCK Guest

Ah, gotcha. Yes, I had the idle set properly, but did not have the min-IAC position cells set to zero up to my idle TPS value. They were in the low single digits, but I will adjust it in accordance with that bug - fix. I loaded the map that you attached and found it to be very lean throughout, so I went back to the map that I had been tweaking prior, and it seems to be working better. The O2 compensation is able to hit the target throughout the map, and now I need to do some tuning with the data logger. The timing was really causing a lot of problems before, as it was backfiring due to not enough advance.

Holley tech support appeared yesterday and they have mailed me an IAT sensor, so it will be good to get that plugged in. We had our first sub-zero temps this week already...

I loaded the map that you attached and found it to be very lean throughout, so I went back to the map that I had been tweaking prior, and it seems to be working better. The O2 compensation is able to hit the target throughout the map, and now I need to do some tuning with the data logger.
    You can still use the file I attached with any Fuel Map you choose. Simply download the file I attached and click "Open Only Fuel Data From Disk"; this allows you to select and incorporate any Fuel Map to your existing engine file. That Fuel Map was also tuned at 21-23 psi fuel pressure, which might explain why it's lean. (I don't like turning down the TBI fuel pressure, due to poor atomization.) The Spark Map, in the file I attached, should really wake up that engine.
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 11-03-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast