Thread: Trouble getting dialed in.

Default Trouble getting dialed in.

Hey!

I've recently finished my first project, a 1965 F100 resto-mod with Vic engine/running gear. I have the original Atomic EFI TBI and I'm having trouble dialing it in. It's been a trial & error process and I just want make it perform better. My current issue is that the truck hiccups from idle to WOT. If you ease into the throttle on acceleration (finding the sweet spot) in runs good. I noticed the Air/Fuel Ratio would go severely lean (18-38) during the hiccup, but would correct itself and go back static (14.7 AFR). Also not getting that much torque/low end power response. I have a line-lock setup, which I can't utilize yet since there seems to be some type of A/F Ratio problem. All the hardware works properly, no leaks. No diagnostic problems, the truck runs fine other than previous issue stated. I took it to a local dyno to try and get tuned who altered the settings to which I'm using now. His adjustments did help previous issues, but didn't solve everything. I'll attach a video/pictures of my setup below with IAC counts. Looking forward to solving this issue and thanks for any help! I have little experience in tuning, but understand how everything works so I have no problems with any leads I can get.

Setup:
    2011 Modular engine 4.6L 2V (Single Over Head Cam)
    Vortech Supercharger S1 trim
    MSD Mod 6 6011 box controlling the ignition timing. Current running tune and dyno tune attached. Part # 121-6011
    Atomic EFI TBI. All the firmware is up-to-date! Part# 121-2900
    3-bar MAP sensor.

Here's a link for the live gauges (IAC counts, etc.) and hiccup problem
    https://youtu.be/qT1BV6834r4

*I'll also attach additional Manual PDFs etc.

My current settings: These can be found in the Atomic EFI TBI attached manual for definitions.

Cubic Inches: 351 (Engine is 281 cubic inches, but it seems to run better on the fuel mapping.)
    Number of cylinders: 8
    Camshaft Type: Stock
    Fuel Pump Type: PWM with Return Regulator (Regulator is set 50-55 PSI.)
    Air Pump Equipped: No
    IDLE RPM Target: 800
    Rev Limit: 6000
    Timing Control: Disabled
    A/F Targets:
    Idle: 14.7
    Cruise: 14.7
    WOT: 12.3
    Nitrous: OFF
    Boost: 11.9
    Timing Disabled (Mod 6011 Box controls all the timing, this is only for distributor.)
    Pump Squirt: 5%
    Power Valve Enrich: 1% (Was having multiple A/F Ratio problems, but the dyno tech brought the Pump Squirt and PVE to here which it's ran the best.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dyno Tune Sheet.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	14765   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Current Tune.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	14766   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DynoTune.jpg 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	14767   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup5.jpg 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	14768   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup4.jpg 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	14769  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup3.jpg 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	14770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Setup2.jpg 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	14771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Setup 1.jpg 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	14772  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Vo0do0; 07-24-2022 at 02:45 PM.