Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Dome Boost Control

Default Help with Dome Boost Control

Hey everyone. I just wanted to see if someone might be able to see what it is I'm doing wrong here. I just finished adding CO2, dual Mac solenoids in and it still seems to be going off spring pressure. I'm wondering if someone might be able to spot my obvious mistake.

Setup:
    Single turbo
    Dual wastegates 5 psi springs
    Holley Dome Pressure Sensor
    CO2 pressure set to 100 psi
    Dome Target, I started at 8 psi and worked my way up to 20 psi.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boost Config.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	14247 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boost Config2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	14248 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boost datalog.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	14249
    Having trouble attaching a datalog for some reason, but if anyone is willing to help, I greatly appreciate it.

First things first. Do you have power to the Mac valves? Are your Vent/Fill wires properly configured in the PIN MAP?

Have you tried to do Dry testing with the engine off and triggering the solenoids to follow a boost curve?

So I pulled the +12V from the Holley harness (auxiliary four pin plug that has the +12V, ground, 5V, and sensor ground) to feed both solenoids, then ran the other wire (from each solenoid) to the outputs and selected PMW. I want to say it's working since I can see the data in the datalog, but something is definitely not right. I haven't done a dry test with the engine off. How would I do that?

Watch this video and it explains how to set the PID for the boost controller: https://youtu.be/Cymxc55H7qQ

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...298#post260298 (Shop Air Tuning PID Boost Control)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, forged steel crank & rods, forged pistons, Trick Flow T/W 11R 205 CNC comp ported heads, 12:1 comp ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, TFS R-Series FTI comp ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers transmission crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

That's the post I was looking for but couldnt find it. I had the Devin video saved though.

Yeah, I just realized I posted it in the wrong thread this morning!
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, forged steel crank & rods, forged pistons, Trick Flow T/W 11R 205 CNC comp ported heads, 12:1 comp ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, TFS R-Series FTI comp ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers transmission crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Dang, I watched that video as well, but still not seeing what I'm doing wrong. I'm checking for leaks now, and I did not adjust the PID settings. I'll do that tonight and check for leaks as well. Thank you fellas, I'll update tonight.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	term input config.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	14259 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	term output config.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	14260

What I would do is test for 12 volts at the solenoids to make sure they actually have power.
    Then disconnect the I/O harness connector, power up ignition, manually ground the Fill Wire, and then Ground Vent Wire. Then ground both to make sure the wiring is good.
    If you have your CO2 bottle on, you'll be able to hear the solenoids in action. This will also tell if your FILL solenoid wire goes to the correct Pin, and Vent solenoid going to the correct pin. My first Boost controller setup I had the Fill & Vent wires mixed up and it didnt work so well. Also, make sure your looking at the letters on the I/O Connector instead of wire colors just incase that's messed up. Once that's double checked, then we can start digging in the tune.
    Last edited by Rdf1; 05-14-2022 at 10:34 PM.

Okay, I'll do that next then. Is there something in the Holley software that just shows voltage going to a particular I/O?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast