Thread: Injector Driver Box

Default Injector Driver Box

Took my car to my tuner and found out that we can't change the fuel by adding or taking it away. It just stays the same and it just dumps fuel. So I was wondering if I could use an external injector driver? 🤔

What? The Base Fuel Table is completely tunable (by Alpha-N, LB/HR or VE%)! You connect to the ECU "Online" with a Holley 558-409 USB Data Cable, Holley 558-443 CAN Bus Cable.

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    • Laptop "Online" Communication With ECU:
    Next to the “Toolbox” button, is a button to indicate the following status of ECU/laptop communications.
    Offline: Is shown when the ECU is not powered or the USB cable is not connected.
    USB Link: Is shown when the ECU is powered and USB connectivity is established.
    However, the user has not chosen to select the “Online” mode,
    and the Laptop & ECU are not communicating with each other.
    Changes made at this time on the laptop, are not being updated in the ECU.
    Online: Is shown when the Laptop and ECU are communicating.
    At this point, changes made with the laptop are real-time updated in the ECU.

• "Get From ECU" & "Send To ECU" - ECU Sync window:
    When you connect a laptop and go "Online" with the ECU, you first want to click "Get From ECU". This updates your laptop with the latest ECU "state of tune". If you click "Send To ECU", you overwrite all the Learning the ECU has performed since the last time that laptop was connected (because you're not sending the latest, up to date values to the ECU). The only time you should click "Send To ECU", is if you're just sending a Global File change to the ECU and you haven't driven the vehicle since the last time the laptop was connected.

• ECU Date & Time:
    When you go "Online" with the ECU, the option to "Sync ECU Time" (ECU RTC - Real Time Clock) is at the top of the ECU Sync window. Then cycle the ignition key off/on.

The EFI (laptop/PC) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit must all be version compatible (LINK).

Yes, we can connect to the ECU from the laptop, but can't make any changes to the fuel. It will run, but really rich so the driver in the Dominator box is not working. My question is can I use an external driver box, or do I need a new ECU.

Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK), if you think you have a defective ECU. You need a properly functioning ECU, not an injector driver module. You can't tune the Base Fuel Table with an injector driver module.

Calling them on Monday.