Thread: Distributor problems, Dual Sync getting wet inside.

Default Distributor problems, Dual Sync getting wet inside.

Running Terminator with MSD ignition and Holley Dual Sync distributor (HLY-565-201). I upgraded from the original version about a year ago since I was changing to roller cam and needed a steel gear. The newer version comes with a steel gear. Has ran great, went to an off-road event in Utah in March. No problems, get home, unload and park. So about six weeks parked, I decide to move in the driveway and it won't start, no RPM signal. After troubleshooting, it's determined the distributor is the problem. And the problem is because it got wet inside. Never had the cap back off after setup, so water either wicked in under the cap or along the wiring. I'll grab a new one and see what I can do to make sure it's sealed up. Long story for my question, but does anyone know if parts are available to repair? Or if Holley will repair it? I would keep it for a spare, they sure aren't cheap. Anyone else experienced problems with getting wet inside? I ran the first generation version for 4 years with never an issue.

As many people with Dual Sync distributor issues you'd think Holley would offer the electronic board as an assembly to repair these units. As far as I know it's only available as a complete assembly though. I agree, it's expensive. Maybe Holley tech center has a repair option for them though, unsure who at Holley or MSD could tell you if it's an option to get it repaired. Maybe Doug F?