A bit confused on the -AN fitting I need, and if it's even made.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit confused on the -AN fitting I need, and if it's even made.

So, I bought an Accusump for my 03 Honda S2000 that I bring to the track. For those who don't know, it is essentially an oil reservoir of two quarts that is automatically pumped into the engine when oil pressure drops below a certain pressure. I lost two motors to oil starvation and I'm trying to avoid that in the future!

It uses SS hose and -AN fittings.

I need two -10AN to 1/2" NPT hose end fittings that are angled. But to be honest, Earls makes so many lines/types that I don't know if they make what I need and what model I should buy.

I need 45, 90, 120, and 150 degree bend fittings. Unfortunately, the web site doesn't lend itself to easy look-up of these parts. Can anyone help?

Here is a link to the installation kit I have from Canton Racing for the Accusump to use as a reference:
    http://www.accusump.com/

Here is the description of the hose the kit comes with:
    This 1 foot -10 Stainless Steel Braided hose is a C.P.E. synthetic rubber tube bonded with a woven nylon braid and covered and secured with a 308 stainless steel outer braid. Made to resist extreme heat, abrasion and corrosion. Operating temperature is from -40 to +350 deg.. F. and can withstand working pressures up to 1000 PSI. For use with hydrocarbon and alcohol based fuels, motor oils, and coolant.

And a description of the straight hose ends it comes with:
    This aluminum swivel straight hose end fits -10 hose onto 37 deg. female -10 AN fittings. It is for use with our stainless steel braided hose. It features one piece billet tube construction, viton o-rings, and blue and red coloring. The other end is 1/2" NPT.

Last edited by Guest; 01-12-2013, 06:39 PM.
  • Danny Cabral
    Administrator
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by davidc View Post
    I need two -10AN to 1/2" NPT hose end fittings that are angled. But to be honest, Earls makes so many lines/types that I don't know if they make what I need and what model I should buy.
    I'm not sure if you meant "adapter fittings" or "hose ends"?
    Adapter fittings (such as -10AN to 1/2" NPT) are available in straight, 45° & 90° configurations:
    http://www.holley.com/types/Aluminum...20Adapters.asp
    Hose ends are available in straight, 45°, 90°, 120°, 150° & 180° configurations.
    Choose the appropriate type of hose here: www.holley.com/division/Earls.asp#17
    May I suggest Earl's Perform-O-Flex hose? http://www.holley.com/types/Perform-O-Flex%20Hose.asp

I need 45, 90, 120, and 150 degree bend fittings. Unfortunately, the web site doesn't lend itself to easy look-up of these parts. Can anyone help?
    Earl's hose ends are designed for Earl's performance hose only.
    Since your kit is equipped with only a one foot length of hose, it's no great loss of product.
    http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...g%20Basics.pdf (Earl's Plumbing Basics)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle 3.470" forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco 4.200" forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, Trick Flow R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, OEM smog pump converted vacuum pump, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, highly modified Ford 4R70W transmission, FTI 9.5"/3000 stall/triple disc TCC, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.73 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Cabral View Post
      I'm not sure if you meant "adapter fittings" or "hose ends"?
      Adapter fittings (such as -10AN to 1/2" NPT) are available in straight, 45° & 90° configurations:
      http://www.holley.com/types/Aluminum...20Adapters.asp
      Hose ends are available in straight, 45°, 90°, 120°, 150° & 180° configurations.
      Choose the appropriate type of hose here: www.holley.com/division/Earls.asp#17
      May I suggest Earl's Perform-O-Flex hose? http://www.holley.com/types/Perform-O-Flex%20Hose.asp

Since your kit is equipped with only a one foot length of hose, it's no great loss of product.
      http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...g%20Basics.pdf (Earl's Plumbing Basics)
      Yes, sorry about being unclear. So I've learned that on a -AN hose end fitting, one side is for the hose and the other, although it's female threads, is NOT automatically NPT.

I have already some hose end to NPT adapters, so what I need is standard hose end fittings.

I have lots of SS hose already, but my run will only be 1-2 feet.

Do the Swivel Seals work OK for other brands of SS braided hose? I'm thinking of the swivel seal because I won't necessarily be able to predict the exact angles, and also, the oil container will be mounted rigidly to the car's chassis, but the other end of the hose will go to the engine, so I'm thinking the Swivel Seal will offer a little more flexibility.

Comment

• Danny Cabral
        Administrator
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by davidc View Post
        I have lots of SS hose already, but my run will only be 1-2 feet.
        What name brand hose do you have?
        Earl's also sells their hose in three foot lengths:
        http://www.holley.com/403010ERL.asp

Do the Swivel Seals work OK for other brands of SS braided hose?
        '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle 3.470" forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco 4.200" forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, Trick Flow R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, OEM smog pump converted vacuum pump, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, highly modified Ford 4R70W transmission, FTI 9.5"/3000 stall/triple disc TCC, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.73 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

• Steve Works
          • Jun 2013

Can't I also have one custom made? I would need a 9 foot hose.
          Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Danny Cabral
            Administrator
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Steve Works View Post
            Can't I also have one custom made? I would need a 9 foot hose.
            These hoses are designed to be custom assembled by the end user. Call Earl's Plumbing for something out of the ordinary.

Comment

Working...
            X