Thread: 4L60E Limp Mode

Default 4L60E Limp Mode

I've been dealing with an issue where my transmission will not shift. This is a new install of the Terminator X Max. The transmission is also new. When I start the car it's in 1st, when I shift to drive and remove my foot from the break it "shifts" to second. No matter how much throttle I apply I get no shifts. Here's what I have tried:
    Ensure Plug is installed properly to the transmission.
    Ensure 12V is connected directly to the battery.
    Ensure 12V switched is getting 12V with key on.
    Ensure ground.
    Holley bench tested the ECU & transmission cable, no issues.
    This is the second trans that I've had this same issue with.
    I get speed output on the 3.5" TSLCD.
    What on earth could I be missing? Some have suggested flipping the plug, but that is near impossible due to the way the plug is made, it only installs one way. Thanks, DevilDog

This is a recent thread on the transmission plug. The flipped plug is a fairly common fault. Give it a try, there does not appear to be any chance of damage if it is flipped. https://forums.holley.com/showthread...p-please/page2 (See posts 16 & up.)

Yep, I was one of them. The Holley harness is a bit more pliable than the original and it will clip in 180° out. And it looks correct.