Thread: MSD 2 Blaster coil to MSD 8361 Distributor?

Default MSD 2 Blaster coil to MSD 8361 Distributor?

Hello fellow gearheads and Merry Christmas! I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good premade coil to cap ignition wire. I got a Blaster 2 coil, and sadly I lost the little male connector that came with it, even though I've got plenty of DIY spark plug wires laying around, sadly no male type button type and boot to go onto the coil. The distance is only about 4-5" at the most, coil and distributor are almost side by side. So if anyone could recommend a premade, I guess they're called "power wire" or maybe just the male snap button, whatever it's called that goes into the MSD 2 coil socket to the female connector spark plug type connector on the distributor. Much thanks!

Update: I found a spark plug connectors that fits properly, apparently some spark plug connectors use a piece of spring steel around the tip clip, and some don't have nubs that stick out around the tip clip, and some aren't long enough. But I finally found a "standard" type plug connector that uses stamped ends without a spring steel clip, and it seems to fit rather well. So found a solution to my problem.
    Last edited by Crusty; 12-29-2021 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Fixed the problem.