Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6AL Stalls

Well I had some free time today so I hooked the ground wire directly to the battery and within a minute or two the same thing happened. The car stalls and the tach goes maxed out to 6K and won't start until the key is turned all the way off, then it'll restart, but stall again.

I'd test the voltage at the small red wire, key-on & cranking. Verify the powers & grounds are good. The next time it doesn't start, take note of the CDI box LED. It should blink while cranking, to confirm the CDI box is being triggered. Also as a test, try running it with the tach wire removed.

I'd like to know why the tachometer goes to 6000 RPM with the engine not running? Gary
    Regards, Gary

Thanks, I’ll try that and update once complete. I took a video of it, but I couldn’t upload it to this website.

Click insert video button. 2nd last icon on the right top of your replay screen.
    You may need to upload to Youtube or another host.

Regards, Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12