Thread: Atomic EFI bucks has error code INJ DC.

Default Atomic EFI bucks has error code INJ DC.

I've driven my car about seven or eight times since I installed my MSD Atomic EFI. Twice it has acted up by violently bucking when starting to accelerate. I can only accelerate to about 50 MPH and that's only by just barely stepping on the accelerator. The first time I had no error code so I just reset by disconnecting and reconnecting power. It seemed to work just fine until yesterday when it did it again. This time I got a error code INJ DC. I also noticed that my fuel pump pressure now bounces from 40 to 50 PSI and the fuel pump which is externally mounted makes an up & down whine where as it was a steady whine before. I do have a return line and all my parts are from MSD. I think the fuel pump may be bad, but since it's powered from the EFI unit, I don't know for sure. I'm new to this Forum, but I looked at most of the questions and I couldn't find anything that seemed to fit my problem. I did reset the unit and the error code is gone, but the fuel pressure up & down has not gone away. I'm afraid to drive it very far because if it acts up, it's very hard to drive. The MSD Atomic EFI is installed in a 1948 Lincoln Continental with a 351 Windsor with probably about 350HP. When it's working, the car drives great, idles smoothly, and accelerates the way it should.

CHECK YOUR GROUND! Make sure that everything is grounded, directly to the battery negative is best. Take care, Ed.