Thread: Identifying Old Holley 2 BBL

southernoffroader74 Guest

Default Identifying Old Holley 2 BBL

Hey, I'm new to the forum and have many questions about a carb i came across for free. Its a Holley 2 bbl, I was told it came off of a late 60's Plymouth Fury w/ auto tranny (if that helps). I have looked everywhere for info on this thing and even called holley, and all i was told was that it was absolete and they then tried to sell me a new unit. All the info I have on it is what it supposedly came out of and the numbers stamped on the front of the bowl. It reads:

R 7027 A

My main concern is simply knowing what it is. I would also like to find out the flow rate and eventually find a rebuild kit for it. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a good one!

Google "Holley R7027A" for some information.
    It's listed in this Tomco kit interchange guide:
    http://www.tomco-inc.com/Catalog/carb_oem.pdf (page 307)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Google "Holley R7027A" for some information.
    It's listed in this Tomco kit interchange guide:
    http://www.tomco-inc.com/Catalog/carb_oem.pdf (page 307)
    I appreciate the guide, but still can't find anything on a rebuild kit. Just to be clear, "R7027A" is the list number, right?
    If so, they must have been right about it being obsolete, because there is nothing on the web I have found about it so far.
    Again, thanks for the interchange guide.

Quote Originally Posted by southernoffroader74 View Post
    I appreciate the guide, but still can't find anything on a rebuild kit.
    Do you mean you can't locate the rebuild kit?
    The interchange guide I posted, indicates your rebuild kit is a Tomco 5211E.
    It also references your float, choke pull-off and choke thermostat part numbers.

Just to be clear, "R7027A" is the list number, right?
    Yes, that's the list number, as evidenced here: http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...%20Listing.pdf

If so, they must have been right about it being obsolete, because there is nothing on the web I have found about it so far.
    Yes, your carburetor is most definitely obsolete, however, parts may still be available for it.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Do you mean you can't locate the rebuild kit?
    The interchange guide I posted, indicates your rebuild kit is a Tomco 5211E.
    It also references your float, choke pull-off and choke thermostat part numbers.

Yes, that's the list number, as evidenced here: http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...%20Listing.pdf

Yes, your carburetor is most definitely obsolete, however, parts may still be available for it.
    Thank You. I completely understand now. Have a great evening sir.

R-7027A 1975 Chrysler auto trans, 400 Eng. Renew kit Holley 3-711. T.V.39-1, looked it up just for fun.