Thread: System Log Help! Crank Trigger questions, is this OK?

Default System Log Help! Crank Trigger questions, is this OK?

I'm trying to decide if I'm chasing nothing or if this is a problem.
    Here's a link to a System Log at idle, the Crank A/D is very erratic and almost never gets to 12 volts or 0 volts. But when the engine is cranking @ 100 RPM or so, the A/D voltage is clean 12 volts then 0 volts, and lines up exactly with the crank signal. How can the "crank" still be uniform even though the "Crank A/D" is so bad? Is the ECU guessing once it has synced? Is this something that could be causing ignition miss at high RPM?
    V6 Build 200, Hall-Effect crank & cam sensors, 36-2 wheel.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3q7a5djuf...210345.SL?dl=0
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 07-30-2021 at 07:59 PM.

You mean 36-1 crank trigger wheel, right?

I had an issue with a miss at cruise with V6 Build 200. I went back to V5 and miss is gone. Some others have reported the same thing with V6.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    You mean 36-1 crank trigger wheel, right?
    Oops, yes 36-1 crank trigger wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    I had an issue with a miss at cruise with V6 Build 200. I went back to V5 and miss is gone. Some others have reported the same thing with V6.
    I've been thinking about going back to V5, but if this System Log and the A/D voltage is showing a problem, I'd like to fix it...if it's a problem.

If it was me, I'd charge your battery and run System Log again. See if it improves.