Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Software/Firmware

torc55 Guest

Default It Worked!

You are THE MAN! Thanks bud!!

In the future, I guess I'll just email you directly. Ha! :-)

In Holley's defense, I wouldn't want to chase around Microsoft's little programming bugs as a career, but that seems to be some poor sap's job at Holley. Poor guy.

You're welcome. I'm glad this issue is resolved. I know how frustrating an EFI problem can be.
    You're right, Microsoft has made Holley's USB connectivity protocols a nightmare.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

abumalik Guest

Danny, will it be possible to extend your favor to me as well. I assume the USB driver you offered was a version 4.4, correct ?
    I am using tuning software 1.5.0 and the USB driver is Silicon Valley 6.4.0.0. I want to try the old driver, version 4.4 if you have it please.

Yes, of course. Click on my username and "Download vCard" for my email address. I'll send you everything you need.

The USB drivers I'll send you are version 4.4 and 6.4 (USB version 6.4 must be used with software version 1.5.0.1).
    The trick is, USB version 4.4 must already be installed because USB version 6.4 upgrades it. You must also follow the procedure outlined in the Word document (which I'll also send you). Some users have problems because they're deleting USB version 4.4 from their laptops, thinking that USB version 6.4 is a complete install (it's only upgrades USB version 4.4).
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Abumalik, the gmail.com email doesn't accept attachments.
    Do you have another email address I can send to?

EDIT: I think you're all setup now.
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 02-15-2012 at 02:46 AM.

abumalik Guest

Danny, thanks for sending the installer files. After several attempts I managed to delete version 4.4 and could not reinstall it or install 6.4 via the installer routines. Anyway, Windows 7 detected a new hardware (ECU) and installed USB driver 6.5 (the latest I guess). so I ended up with tuning software version 1.5.0.1 and USB driver silicon valley 6.5 on my windows 7 laptop. Guess what, I manage to get a connection with the ECU for about 2 seconds and then it disconnects. No joy at all.

So I tried with another laptop that has Windows XP and followed all the instructions and ended up with Tuning software 1.5.0.1 and USB driver 6.4. I got a solid connection with the ECU and decided to update the firmware to the latest (version 397). I flushed the new firmware successfully and after a TPS reset started the engine and all seems fine. Except I can not see the ECU parameters (PIDs) in real time. What I mean the USB connector is working and I am able to take logs but the screen is totally static including that moving circular highlighter it is just stuck at one particular cell.

Not sure what to do next? any clues?

I have no idea why it's not working for you.
    I've successfully used this USB driver packet with XP, Vista & Windows 7.

As a last resort, have you tried right clicking on the EFI desktop icon and running the program as an administrator?
    If that doesn't work, try restarting the laptop with the USB cable connected. Software closed and ignition key-off.
    http://www.holley.com/forums/showthr...=1398#post1398
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 02-16-2012 at 08:10 PM.

abumalik Guest

OK, I have redone the whole thing all over again and managed to get XP laptop working fine. Still no joy with Windows 7 as it prevents installing the 6.4 thinking the 6.5 already installed, at its not.

Anyway, the old XP laptop (10" screen) is working fine with no connectivity drop out so far. So it will do for now. Again many thanks for your kind assistance.

Now tuning to get rid of sever bucking issue, do you also know anything about that?

Quote Originally Posted by abumalik View Post
    Still no joy with Windows 7 as it prevents installing the 6.4 thinking the 6.5 already installed, at its not.
    On your Windows 7 laptop, try deleting the USB drivers from "Add/Delete Programs" (Programs & Features) in the Control Panel.

Now tuning to get rid of sever bucking issue , do you also know anything about that!?
    Bucking/stumbling at low to mid RPM is usually too lean and/or not enough timing advance (sometimes due to camshaft/reversion).
    But you should start another thread for that.
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 02-17-2012 at 11:51 AM.

abumalik Guest

Danny, regarding Windows 7, I tried that but it will not allow to remove program saying already removed. I think I need to get help from a local Windows 7 expert to remove the bad installation and start a fresh. Meanwhile I am quite happy using XP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12