Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software/Firmware

Default Software/Firmware

Is it recommended or necessary to always upgrade to the latest release versions? and is there a page where the differences between the releases are outlined? If not, could a page be created for this information?

Paul

That is obviously a good idea to have a page created with the updates so you can assess the need. Will work on that.

The latest ones have been mostly updates to the instructions (contained in software updates).

Never a bad idea to do update, but we'll add a list of the changes in the future to help.

abumalik Guest

Default Any update?

Hi, I tuned my HP with software version 1.1.7 build 4 and all is fine but now the latest version is 1.5.0 Build 1.
    What have changed and should I upgrade? (There's a warning that I should not upgrade unless I had a USB communication issues, which I don't.)

I suggest contacting Holley and obtaining software version 1.3.0.2.
    It was the latest software version (released) before the version 1.5.0.1 with its USB warning.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

abumalik Guest

Thanks Danny, I was assuming Holley use this forum to reply to their customers.

Do you know if 1.3.0.2 offered any worthwhile improvements? It is indeed strange there is no page somewhere that summarizes the list of changes.

I've updated to newer software so many times, I'm not sure of the changes.
    I'm currently using software version 1.3.0.2 & firmware version 0376.
    Their Technical Library has a firmware update description page but not for software updates.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

abumalik Guest

I had to use ver 1.5 as I have a new laptop, I had very annoying USB disconnect issues.

Please any one know how to get the version before USB issues, what is support e-mail, I can't find it.

torc55 Guest

Default Can't get new laptop to see the ECU with Windows 7

Tried everything: loading the 1.5 software, trying the old drivers from a laptop that works, uninstalling and re-installing - nothing. Keep getting "\\.\ COM 1 error - connect to different port"
    The installer says that Windows doesn't like that the drivers don't have proper digital signatures, but it should still work. When I get into the Device Manager in the Control Panel, I have an error next to the Holley USB driver, but no real solution as how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Email me by clicking on my username (Download vCard or Send Email). I think I have the drivers you need.
    Then you can download the latest software (1.5.0.1) & firmware (0397) from Holley's Technical Library.

Torc55, let me know if you received my email.
    Your gmail.com email address wasn't valid; so I sent it to your earthlink.net address.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast