Thread: Another IAC Question

Default Another IAC Question

My car is a automatic and in some of the directions they say to set IAC to warm idle in neutral which I just figured that was for the stick shift cars, so I've been setting mine to warm idle in Park trying for 2-10%. Should I be setting it in neutral instead? Also for added help what should the IAC % be in gear with your foot on the brake? Thank you, Gregg.

Set the hot idle IAC Position % in Park/Neutral, unless the torque converter is too tight, then set it in gear. (Some users really need a higher stall torque converter upgrade to match their higher idle RPM engine combination.)

Just finished a remote tuning session with FastManEFI. He was able to fix my RPM dip when coming to a stop, but he could not fix my surge after startup. He said that my Ford IAC was not working correctly. It's a new Ford unit. He said that I need to go with the GM stepper IAC. Apparently tuners do not like the Ford units. I hate to do it, but I'm going to switch to the GM stepper. He tried setting my frequency to 500, but it did not help. He reverted back to my IAC not working correctly. It appears that the Holley system is not fully compatible with the Ford IAC.

https://www.holley.com/blog/post/usi...otor_behavior/ (Using Holley's Terminator X Software To Better Control Ford's Idle Air Control Motor Behavior)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger, 1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, R134a A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but does this article mean that if you have a manual transmission that you should use the Advanced 1D Table setup?

I'm currently having it idle at 900 RPM, do you think I should raise it? I have a 3000 stall lockup converter. Danny what IAC are you using, the Ford or the GM stepper? I tried pulling fuel on the deceleration and it didn't help cause when your cruising the AFR is fine, but when I let off the gas and coming to a light and start hitting the brakes that's when this happens the idle surges and it goes rich like 11.8 AFR.

Quote Originally Posted by 19notch93 View Post
    Danny what IAC are you using, the Ford or the GM stepper?
    I'm using the Holley/Chrysler stepper type IAC motor with the Accufab IAC adapter.
    IAC Motor - The Accufab IAC Adapter for a GM/Chrysler stepper style IAC motor works perfectly. You don't have to use the Ford PWM IAC
    motor, which utilizes one Output (not desirable for HP EFI users). NOTE: Using a Holley/Chrysler IAC motor (in an Accufab IAC Adapter or GM
    IAC valve), requires slightly elongating one of the two Holley/Chrysler IAC motor mounting holes (toward the center) with a Dremel tool for screw
    alignment. IAC Type is "Stepper" when using the Accufab IAC Adapter.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger, 1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, R134a A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.