Thread: MSD & stock tach, weird behavior.

Default MSD & stock tach, weird behavior.

Hi guys I have a '67 Camaro with stock tachometer and a MSD 6AL analog box. As the manual recommends, I plugged the tachometer into the tach output of the MSD box.
    Now comes the weird behavior:
    ---> The tach reads about 10% lower throughout the RPM range.
    ---> At 1500 RPM tachometer the engine is only at 1350 RPM (verified with two analog RPM readers).
    ---> At 4000 RPM its at only at 3600.
    ---> At 6000 RPM it's only at 5400.
    Also: When I sudden go WOT, it drops to 0 RPM. Then after 1 or 2 seconds it comes back to life. Has anyone ever experienced this particular behavior? How did you solve this?

Anyone, any idea?

Posting Permissions