Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holley Sniper 92mm with OEM IAC?

Default Holley Sniper 92mm with OEM IAC?

I bought a Sniper 860004 92mm for my LS3 Crate engine. I also bought a new GM IAC, 17113598. Upon installing, it was a really tight fit. Two screws pushes it in place. Am I using the right IAC or I have to get the Holley IAC? I'll be running Terminator X, do I need to repin it for OEM IAC if I can use it? Or the Holley IAC? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure those throttle bodies use an IAC from an LS1. The real question is why aren't you using DBW with a LS3? Andrew

The Holley 860004 product webpage answers your question: "Will need to use 543-105 for IAC motor..." Also the instructions detail the wiring changes (IAC pin-out) depending on your application: https://documents.holley.com/199r11177rev2.pdf (Holley 860004 92mm Throttle Body Instructions)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger, 1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, R134a A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Got it. Thank you. Let me buy the Holley IAC now and swap the two wires on my Terminator harness.
    That's probably why my factory IAC feels like it doesn't fit. Probably the bore is smaller on the Holley throttle body.

You're welcome.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger, 1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, R134a A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

I just received the Holley 543-105. It seems to fit better and the right size for the throttle body. However, one of the bolt does not line up. It was off, but about 1-2mm. I can only use one bolt to secure it, unless I enlarge the other hole. Is this normal?

Then that Holley 860004 92mm Throttle Body webpage detail is wrong. It uses the Holley 543-34 LSx IAC motor.
    Read section 16: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....neral-IAC-Info (General IAC Information - Read "IAC NOTES")

I’m confused now. Did I have the correct sensor for my Holley 92mm? If I get the 543-34 LSx IAC, do I still need to swap the two wires? I also read one of the posts there saying I was supposed to Dremel one side of the mounting hole to fit. So which one do I use now? 543-105, enlarge hole, swap two wires? 543-34, direct bolt-on? Swap wires still?

I think the Holley 543-34 is a direct bolt-on with correct wiring.

543-34 is arriving tomorrow, hopefully it works this time. Good that I don't have to mess with switching wires, but I guess I'll ll find out when startup to see if it idles correctly.

Also question on the throttle body: The breather tube is pointing up. I see the design is to prevent it from interfering the throttle cable. Can that be moved? I tried twisting it but looks like it's press fitted. Kinda want to point it down a bit or maybe forward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast