Thread: Input Monitoring

Default Input Monitoring

In HP EFI System ICF, I enable Rev Limit #1 and it creates a Ground input that is Pin Mapped to J1-A4 and wire to a grounded source when switched ON. Using my laptop, how can I monitor this input to see if it's working, turning ON/Off when activated? Can’t find this in the Help files.

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    The Holley EFI ECU records everything, but the datalogger (EFI software) displays only the channels you've selected.
    Click the "E" (top Toolbar) to edit what the datalogger displays. In the Data Monitor/Datalogger, clicking on the letter
    "E" allows you to Edit (add/delete) data channels for each View List. Drag & drop data channels to & from the View Lists.
    The data channel list (left side of Graph Setup) is very long, so you need to scroll it to the right to see every channel.
    https://www.holley.com/document/tech...9r10543rev.pdf (Holley EFI Datalogger Instructions)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....s-amp-Datalogs (Datalog & System Log Information)

Configure the Data Monitor, Data Logger, Gauge Panel, etc.
    Enter the Data Monitor/Datalogger Edit screen ("E" button at top left corner),
    and "drag & drop" the custom channels over to the Data Screen/Log View lists.
    You need to scroll to the right to select the custom created channels.

FYI: If you're looking at a datalog older than when a sensor or other hardware was added, it will be gray/unavailable. Record a new datalog (even a few seconds of key-on/engine-off), and everything "current" will be available to scroll into the datalogger View Lists. You'll see what I mean.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...talog-Segments (Related Datalogger Segment/Cropping Thread)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, R134a A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Excellent Danny. Here’s my problem. Rev Limiter #1 is created by enabling that Feature and assigns it to J1-A4, and I select Ground as trigger in System ICF. I pin it to that location J1-A4 in Pin Map. CKO and ground the input wire to J1-A4. Rev Limiter #1 does not turn On. Unpin in Pin Map and disable the Rev Limiter #1. In I/O ICF create input J1-A4 as a ground, and Pin Map it to same input location. CKO, ground input wire J1-A4 and the input turns ON. I’ve also metered this J1-A4 wire from trigger source to plug at HP to verify continuity.

Default Rev Limiter #1

Rev Limiter #1. I’ve been unsuccessful at trying to figure out why Rev Limiter #1 does not activate when the assigned input ( J1-A4 ) is turned On with a Ground signal. When I view it as an Output in the Gauge Panel to monitor status it will not turn On. If I assign J1-A4 with a Ground input to turn on the fan or start a Datalog it will do so. I’m out of ideas on how to make this work, and if anyone can help me I’d greatly appreciate it. Here’s a link to Dropbox that has a copy of the GCF with this Rev Limiter #1 programming: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e11nzlinb...rent.hefi?dl=0