Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running A 144 "Dry"

Quote Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
    Some more pictures from my project (in my album).
    What you've done with that engine is awesome.
    I've never seen a multi-port fuel injected, "old school" Roots blower.
    I love it when people think outside the box. Nice work!
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, Moroso vacuum pump, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires

Some more pictures in my album.

I'm still waiting for the correct headers for the left bank.
    Can't wait to see and hear this engine running.

I've been following your posts on your very nice setup for using MPFI with a 144 blower. I have a 144 blown SB Chevy engine and I'm very intrigued by this. How is your progress on this? If you don't mind me asking, what tune did you use? What injectors did you use? How does it run, assuming you now have it running? Anything else you care to add would be greatly appreciated. I have more questions if you are agreeable. Thanks, Larry

I agree. It looks awesome. I was amazed at how well this MPFI conversion fits his application. I'm also looking forward to an update.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, Moroso vacuum pump, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires

Hi guys,
    As a matter of fact, it finally had it first run two weeks ago.
    I downloaded the custom file "Supercharged Chevy" from the software, and made some changes in it concerning ignition parameters.
    The engine started immediately, oil pressure and rest of the parameters were spot on.
    Only thing I had to do was adjust the fuel pressure.
    Ignition has still to be set correctly also.
    Everything else so far looks good.
    Only thing that troubles me is the sound, this thing is so incredible loud.
    On my Facebook is a short movie of the first start.
    I also will update my photo album with the latest pictures.
    If someone wants specific pictures of the conversion, please let me know, I'll gladly place/send them.
    I'm now in the process of changing the hood of the car, so that every thing will fit underneath.
    And then paint.

Cheers, Gertjan
    FB Gertjan Huiskamp
    Last edited by Gertjan; 03-28-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Default Finished Car

I apologize for not posting in such a long time. I'll update my album soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0019.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	2003  

Beautiful.
    '57 Chevy, 327, Holley HP MPFI, 700R4, 3.73 gears, plus much more.
    '51 Studebaker Starlight Coupe, 350 Chevy, Weiand 177 blower, Holley HP TBI, TH400, Gear Vendors OD, plus much more.