Thread: Installed 5V sensor, what handheld channel is it?

Default Installed 5V sensor, what handheld channel is it?

I installed a 0-100 psi sensor on Input#4 on the 8-pin connector. Scrolling through the choices for Dash Customization on the handheld, I cannot find a choice called "Input#4". What channel do I need to use in order to read this sensor? Thanks!

The SW engineering who coded that stuff wasn't the sharpest tool in the drawer! Input 3, 4 & 5 are the additional Inputs with the Super Sniper. The SW dude just started his list at #3 by calling it Custom 1, so #4 is Custom 2. It must have made sense to him, but it doesn't make sense to anyone else.

I'm using pins A B & D on the 8-pin connector. I'm getting no reading on handheld or laptop. Do I need to tell the ECU that it's connected, or should it automatically know? Do I have to use pin C instead of pin D? (C is currently empty).

A, B & D will give you a signal on input #4 which the handheld calls Custom 2. You need to setup a custom dash on the handheld with a gauge for Custom 2 and then you'll be able to see it. The laptop software is smarter. On the laptop, you can rename that input as Fuel Pressure or Oil Pressure or whatever it is. Once you rename it and add it to your data table you'll be able to see it. I don't think any of this is covered in the Sniper instructions. They just assume that you'll know what to do. I figured it out since I was familiar with the HP EFI software.

Do I need to save it to the ECU before it'll start working? I did all of that on the laptop and I get no reading.

OK, it's working now. I just had to save it to the ECU and it's reading just fine. Duh! I wish there was a way I could rename it on the handheld like I can on the laptop.

Glad you got it working. The only fix for the handheld naming issue is to complain to Holley. They screwed this feature up several years ago so they've had plenty of time to fix it, but so far they haven't. The good news is that the software team has slowly gotten around to fixing some of the other bugs, so there is hope that someday they'll fix this too.

If you're willing to spend some money for a Digital Dash unit then you can see oil pressure or fuel pressure on the screen. The Digital Dash accepts the renamed inputs and will display them. I use a Digital Dash on my car with a Sniper and it works great. Lots easier to read too.