Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sensor Wire Splicing

Default Sensor Wire Splicing

Anyone have a good, clean way to splice your sensor 5V & ground wire out to all your sensors? Looks like I need a one to six splice. Somewhere I heard about Z splicing, but can’t find anything about it. I know I could use a junction bar, but would like to keep it in the loom without breaking out and then back into the loom. Thanks.

Here's one way, but no access after crimping: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5244#post55244 (Splice Cap/Shrink Tube Info)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Waytek Wire has Molex butt connectors that have different gauges on either side. You can use those to branch out as needed. Andrew

That’s my original plan to use step down butt connectors. ECU to butt, then three branches then two branches off each of the three. Crimp the branches at different lengths so no to have a wad of butts together. Now that I read that, pretty funny there, don’t care what you say. Was looking to see if there was something more streamlined.

I always use uninsulated butt connectors with heat shrink which will significantly reduce the size of your "wad" when spaced closely together. They're readily available at NAPA.

Uninsulated connectors is all I use.

Quote Originally Posted by rick539 View Post
    Anyone have a good, clean way to splice your sensor 5V & ground wire out to all your sensors? Looks like I need a one to six splice. Somewhere I heard about Z splicing, but can’t find anything about it. I know I could use a junction bar, but would like to keep it in the loom without breaking out and then back into the loom. Thanks.
    I had EFI Connection build me a custom harness when I needed to hookup three sensors to one connector. Holley never got around to building a harness for the Super Snipers, so there's no easy way to hook three sensors together to one 5V and one ground pin, so I asked EFI Connection to solve the issue. They have a laser welder which is the OEM solution for splicing wires together inside a harness. It's a slick solution: https://www.eficonnection.com/home/p...ness-connector.

@rick539: If you need to do a lot of new sensors, I'd suggest getting a J2 or J3 connector for the Dominator. Both the J2 & J3 have dedicated 5V reference and sensor ground pins in them. Check the wiring manual for details:
    https://documents.holley.com/techlib...10555rev17.pdf. Andrew

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....als-Holley-EFI (Holley EFI ECU Connectors & Terminals)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast