Thread: Blow-Through TBI

Jimmi Guest

Default Blow-Through TBI

Hi guys, I'm in the process of building a buggy (Similar to Howe & Howe Ripsaw).
    I'm using a Clevo 302, ProComp Ready-To-Run HEI.
    May have come into possession of a twin turbo kit, 2X TO4E.
    I still have the 2V 4bbl QuadraJet manifold.

The question - I'm looking at buying:
    -AVENGER EFI 4BBL THROTTLE BODY FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM PART #550-401
    -manifold adapter plate
    -2 bar map sensor PART #538-13, will bolt up in place of the 1 bar?
    -carburetor hat
    Have I missed anything?

How do I laptop tune this, or do I pay someone to do it for me?
    I have used scan tools before, but being a Diesel Mechanic, haven't touched petrol EFI in 10 years.
    P.S. I have sent an email off to Holley, they told me, "Yes it has been done before." And left it at that.
    Cheers, Jimmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmi View Post
    2 bar map sensor PART #538-13, will bolt up in place of the 1 bar?
    Yes, it's dimensionally the same sensor.

Have I missed anything?
    The GM HEI style distributor will require Holley's HEI ignition adapter harness:
    https://www.holley.com/558-304.asp

How do I laptop tune this, or do I pay someone to do it for me?
    First, read the instructions. The Avenger EFI systems don't require a laptop to tune,
    unless there's something unusual about your engine combination that requires custom tuning.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Jimmi Guest

Cheers, Danny.

Jimmi Guest

Just another quick one, just doing some reading up on GM ignition module removal, and replacing with MSD 8861, then connecting to a MSD CDI. For turbo application, am I better with MSD BTM, or since the ECU is controlling the timing now, stay with MSD 6A 6201?

Just another quick one, just doing some reading up on GM ignition module removal, and replacing with MSD 8861, then connecting to a MSD CDI.
    Wait a minute...is this ProComp Ready-To-Run HEI distributor, a GM computer-controlled HEI distributor or simply a magnetic pickup distributor (2-wire mechanical advance)?

For turbo application, am I better with MSD BTM, or since the ECU is controlling the timing now, stay with MSD 6A 6201?
    Correct, you want the ECU to control the ignition timing. No need for an MSD BTM.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Jimmi Guest

ProComp Ready-To-Run HEI distributor, MSD install manual pg 16 and 17 show how to change the dizzy to suit the CDI:

Last edited by Jimmi; 12-19-2012 at 01:19 PM.

ProComp Ready-To-Run HEI distributor, MSD install manual pg 16 and 17 show how to change the dizzy to suit the CDI.
    The distributor you need and how it's wired to an MSD CDI, is illustrated on Figure 4, page 12:
    http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...10555rev11.pdf

Jimmi Guest

Cheers again Danny, you're a wealth of knowledge.