Thread: Holley Waste-Spark DIS System

Default Holley Waste-Spark DIS System

Hi. I'm building a kit car with my 1st V8 engine. V8 is still rare in Germany. ;-) I bought a stroked Chevy SBC with Holley accessories. I already started to read a lot in the forum, but so far couldn't find the answer to my questions. Due to lack of space at engine compartment I need to split the four coils of waste-spark DIS system. I prepared a summary of my questions and installation sketch in below photo link (couldn't find an advice how to include photo in this message). Summary of questions in advance without sketch:

1.) Is it possible to change firing order (FO) by EFI software at Holley waste-spark DIS system? (Event cylinder same, but waste cylinder is changed.) Is there any impact to fuel injection signal? If change at EFI software is not possible, what's recommended maximum length for ignition cables?

2.) If installing two coils LH & 2RH the harness must be extended. Is it possible to solder the harness cables as usual or recommended to use extension harness with connector for at least 2 coils? Where to buy extension harness?

3.) How to find out required Dwell Time (early/late coils) 1.8 msec/2.4msec.?
    https://ibb.co/Cm1KtLK
    Many thanks in advance for your support. RE

Since nobody else is answering, I will try...but I do not have much experience with the Holley EFI Waste-Spark system. But I want to ask the question, do you have enough room to run a Coil-Near-Plug system and mount LSx coils on the valve covers? I would be leaning towards that option if you have the room. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago
    I offer remote Holley EFI tuning.
    I deliver what EFI promises.
    Please get in touch if I can be of service.