Thread: 12-874 rollover valve installed on 12-130 pump.

Default 12-874 rollover valve installed on 12-130 pump.

I've installed a 12-874 rollover valve on my 12-130 pump, but I don't know exactly what should be done to the open, threaded rollover connection on the outside of the pump. Is there a bug-screen available that would be installed at the pump, or do I now have to install a 19-174 remote rollover? This looks like needless redundancy if this is the intent? Not sure why you'd want to use 12-874 if you also have to use the 19-174?

From your instructions: NOTE: Tank vent should be reconnected to existing charcoal canister system on the vehicle.
    If you aren't using a canister, then fit a 1/4 NPT filter, remote mounted via a hose, or however you want.
    The tank needs the anti-rollover regardless, and it also needs filtered air supply as the air inlet vent. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Hi Gary. Thank you for the response. You kind of reiterated what I was trying to point out and I obviously did a poor job asking the question. And to the instructions you pointed out, many installations are on cars that never had a vacuum system. I was wondering if Holley offered an aftermarket solution more than "just figure it out on your own". Now I know what I need to do. Thank you for answering my post.

Yes, your points are all correct. Holley assumes this would be fitted to a car that has a charcoal canister.
    Any decent form of serviceable filter connected to the 1/4 NPT vent fitting will suffice. Gary