Thread: Holley 92 mm throttle body cable issues.

Default Holley 92 mm throttle body cable issues.

Holley 860001-1, 92mm throttle body. No matter what cable I use, Holley, Lokar, on the throttle body end, the cable will not fit through the retainer/pin that goes into the throttle when it's installed in the throttle body. It fits when it's not installed. If I put it on the cable first then I can't get it into the throttle body. It's like the groove is not deep enough. Anyone run into this? Installing a completed whole Terminator X throttle body, Sniper intake on this project and have had nothing but fitment issues. Pretty disappointing for the cash I dished out. Pictures attached. Thanks in advance.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8412.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	11115 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8413.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	11114

Are you using a loose end that you fit to the cable yourself?
    What is the large part still sticking out, is that a hex?
    Perhaps you need one like this:
    https://www.pistonbikes.com/product-p/epfce1.htm Gary
    Last edited by Gaz64; 12-19-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Yes, loose end that cable fits into. Yes, that's a hex on the end, I have some like the one in your picture as well. No difference. If hole is centered in pin, groove for cable is not deep enough for it to go through pin. I've tried holley cable kit, Lokar cable kit and a Mr. Gasket universal kit, all have same result.

That's interesting. Either the hole is drilled too close to the shaft centerline, or the groove is not deep enough. I think others may know something, or you need to contact Holley. Gary

Anyone have any ideas?

Now looking at it again, why won't a terminated cable end go in there? You fit it in from the side then turn the cable and lay it in the groove. It might not turn 90°, but it should still be captive. Gary