Thread: 50cc Accelerator Pump Kit

Default 50cc Accelerator Pump Kit

I was looking at the 50cc accelerator pump kit I installed on my 4160. It appears the arm that is moved by the cam is not touching. So when the throttle moves it does not immediately activate the pump operating lever and I know that is not OK. I was wondering if it's normal to have to bend the tang on the arm (pump operating lever) by the cam for proper contact.

What engine, and what carburetor do you have here? List number please. A 4160 that needs a 50cc pump is the wrong carb for the engine. Gary

Mild built SBC 350. When I say mild, it's all I can give as a description. Its in a mid '70s truck. So the previous owner is the one who had to engine work done. Sometimes spits back through carb when you hit the throttle. Does not do it when you move throttle slower. Holley 1850-5. Carb came on engine in truck. Do I want a new carb
    yes, but that's not happening right now.

I see what you mean. The 50cc may be overkill. Besides I can use it on another project if I need to at a later time. I really do not want to bend anything if it's not to suppose to be. I was looking at it further and it seems one of the accelerator nozzle ports is blocked or partially blocked. If that's the case it'd explain the spitting. Timing is good and no vacuum leaks that I can tell. I'll take it off and run some guitar string through it.

OK, you have a 600 4160, fairly typical for a 350.
    Now you're fitting a 50cc pump to the primary side.
    What color pump cam are you using?
    What size pump nozzle are you using, since it may be too small for the engine? Gary