Thread: Initial Settings

Default Initial Settings

I have a 1978 Ford Bronco with a 351M totally stock engine. It has the MSD Atomic installed along with the ignition box, distributor and adjustable rotor. What are some good settings for the Advanced Menu? I mean all of it, Target AFRs, timing, pump squirt and power valve. I have this weird miss on acceleration like it's getting too much fuel or not enough. I keep messing with it, but the more I mess with the settings the worse it seems to get, I just want to reset and start over with some recommended settings. Thanks.

I hope you've had some luck solving your issues. I have a 427W stroker and here's a rundown of my settings. Initial timing 16° BDC, total timing 34° BDC, advance starts at 1000 total at 3400. Pump squirt 20, power valve 20, Target idle 700 RPM. AFRs, Idle 13.8, cruise 13.8, and WOT 12.9. If yours are close to these you should be OK. Oh Vacuum advance is Ported. Sorry it's taken so long for someone to reply to help out, seems the MSD group isn't interested in help here anymore. Happy New Year, Ed

Thank you for responding!