Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sniper & Mallory Dual Sync Distributor

I read that thread. It seems he wasn’t able to enable Learning below 160°F either. Mine does Closed Loop at a lower temperature (I forget what I selected) but the learning PID doesn’t go “yes” until CTS gets to 160°F.

He was doing something wrong. I know what I'm talking about. Yes, it's possible to start Learning at a lower or higher temperature than 160°F (default).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Absolutely, you can make it Learn at any temperature you want, the Coolant Temperature Enrichment just needs to be at zero or below. Of course, with all other needed selections you'd normally use for ECU Learning to take place. You could also limit the Learning in a specific area.

If you're relying on the ECU to figure out how to get it to do what you want it to, you may want to have a professional look it over with you. I'm just prepping you for the possibility that Idle Spark control may not solve your problem.

Download the Config File currently in your Sniper and upload it here. We can make suggestions on changes to engage Learning more easily when we can see what you currently have. If you haven't yet, try to map out your current mechanical & vacuum timing curves. With some tools and/or time you can initially duplicate your current timing when you install your new distributor. The default Base Timing Tables in the Sniper EFI systems aren't very good and you'll get better results if you start with known good values. If you search you'll find a relatively recent post with a spreadsheet tool to create a good baseline Base Timing Table.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    He was doing something wrong. I know what I'm talking about. Yes, it's possible to start Learning at a lower or higher temperature than 160°F (default).
    Thanks Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by a b c View Post
    Absolutely, you can make it Learn at any temperature you want, the Coolant Temperature Enrichment just needs to be at zero or below. Of course, with all other needed selections you'd normally use for ECU Learning to take place. You could also limit the Learning in a specific area.

If you're relying on the ECU to figure out how to get it to do what you want it to, you may want to have a professional look it over with you. I'm just prepping you for the possibility that Idle Spark control may not solve your problem.
    I’m very willing to pay a pro to modify/build me a new configuration file once I get it running with the new distributor and MSD box. Thing is, I won’t be “road testing” it till late May 2021

Quote Originally Posted by GPatrick View Post
    Download the Config File currently in your Sniper and upload it here. We can make suggestions on changes to engage Learning more easily when we can see what you currently have. If you haven't yet, try to map out your current mechanical & vacuum timing curves. With some tools and/or time you can initially duplicate your current timing when you install your new distributor. The default Base Timing Tables in the Sniper EFI systems aren't very good and you'll get better results if you start with known good values. If you search you'll find a relatively recent post with a spreadsheet tool to create a good baseline Base Timing Table.
    I haven’t mapped my current timing curve (no vacuum advance) and I like the suggestion of getting a pro to build a configuration file for me. Once I get it running with the new distributor, I’ll look for a pro (here?) to help me out. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by seapig View Post
    Thank you. I missed that in the instructions. Green to Hall-Effect sensor ground, and purple to Hall-Effect sensor signal (which should be white). I’ll give that a whirl.
    I wired the Mallory as indicated above and temporarily wired up an MSD 6L box using Sniper white to MSD white, and it fired right up.

Next move it get some cooling water hooked up and run it longer to fiddle with Sniper timing setting. I appreciate all the advice to this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12