Thread: Holley 555-100 Traction Control with Dominator on C5 Corvette

Default Holley 555-100 Traction Control with Dominator on C5 Corvette

I have a C5 Corvette with an LS3, Ysi blower and Dominator ECU. Trying to figure out how I can use the Traction Control system when a driveshaft sensor is not feasible. Any suggestions?

In the Driveshaft Setup (Traction ICF), the Speed Input selection does allow the transmission "Speed" sensor from an electronic transmission (Transmission ICF), a custom VSS sensor - LINK (Inputs/Outputs ICF), and of course, a Driveshaft RPM sensor.
    See "Driveshaft Speed Input For Traction Control", page 11: https://documents.holley.com/techlib...teoverview.pdf (Holley EFI V5 Software Update Overview)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

That should simply things since I'm running a 4L80E transmission. Thanks for the info!

Why isn't a driveshaft sensor feasible? All it requires is a small magnet embedded at some point on the driveshaft or yoke and then the matching sensor. If you can use the transmission input then that's a clean solution, but adding a magnet to the driveshaft is fairly simple fab work.

C5s don't have an open driveshaft, it's enclosed in the torque tube.

True, but you have a Dominator system installed so the car must be modified to some extent. But if the torque tube wasn't taken apart during the hot rod process then it's a big task to take on just for a sensor. Is there a factory driveshaft speed sensor on your car? There are often tone wheels at the corners, not sure about the driveshaft. All depends on what systems the OEM engineers used and how much of the factory stuff you kept when you converted over to the Dominator.

The driveline is highly modified with DSS solid couplers on both ends and a 1500 HP DSS driveshaft mated to a C6 Z06 rear differential. But is still has the torque tube. I can use the sensor from the 4L80E output, so it should be an easy setup. My biggest problem now will be getting a clean pass for a baseline. The Ysi is not like a turbo with a wastegate and the 1100 RWHP comes in fast (hence the need for traction control).
    Last edited by C5-Fan; 11-28-2020 at 07:54 AM.

Yeah, good luck with that! You might want to consider hiring a pro to help with the Traction Control setup. Rich at FAST Man EFI is a good place to start.

I run an independent speed sensor on the front wheels, getting front wheel speed, and the rear speed signal I get from the diff.
    I'm a 6speed street car, so wheelies aren't a concern for me.