Thread: Holley Secondary Fuel Bowl

Default Holley Secondary Fuel Bowl

I have a Holley 4150 double pumper. I adjusted the secondary fuel bowl level down (was nearly at the top of the sight glass and there was a hesitation on heavy acceleration). Went a little too far down (barely above the bottom) and the hesitation was worse, so I went to raise the float level, but accidentally turned the nut clockwise. Started the car and of course the fuel level is below the sight glass. Turned the nut counterclockwise, but the fuel level in the bowl won’t raise up now and the float looks like it's stuck at the bottom. Is there a way to get the float to unstick or do I have to take the fuel bowl off to inspect the fuel bowl and possibly repair it or just free it up.

Sounds like you wound the needle & seat down too far, and now the flats that are driven by the adjusting nut are too low for the nut to bring the seat back up.
    Remove the lock screw, remove the nut, and observe where the flats are. Does the nut turn the seat flats when you turn the nut by hand in the anti-clockwise direction? Gary
    Last edited by Gaz64; 11-25-2020 at 10:05 PM.
    Regards, Gary

Thanks for the input Gary. Tomorrow morning, I'll take the screw & nut off to look at it.

UPDATE: The flats on the nut were not engaged on the notches, since the needle was too low. I was able to get a few turns with my finger and then got the nut oriented correctly and it seems to be turning the needle. When I get a chance I'll start the car and hopefully all is well. Thanks for the input.

Thought that would be the case.
    Now you either have a weeping needle or a bad o-ring, if the level can't be controlled. Gary