Thread: Coil Ground Wire or No?

Default Coil Ground Wire or No?

I see some conflicting info between the Holley Terminator Dual Sync distributor/coil wiring and the HP & Dominator Dual Sync distributor/coil wiring diagrams. Specifically, when using an aftermarket ignition box (MSD 6 in my case), with a Dual Sync distributor, the Terminator (and think Sniper as well) show a ground wire going from the negative post of the coil to ground, and in the HP & Dominator wiring diagram there is no wire going to ground from the coil. Which would be the correct way for a Dominator with a Dual Sync distributor and MSD 6A CDI box?

I have the Terminator Stealth with transmission control (Dominator ECU), Dual Sync Distributor & MSD EFI CDI box. The only wires going to the coil are the pair from the MSD box, per the instruction manuals that came with the Holley EFI & MSD units. Engine runs fine.