Thread: 5V 58x crank sensor with 12V 1x cam sensor.

Default 5V 58x crank sensor with 12V 1x cam sensor.

I'm putting a LS3 rotating assembly (Gen 4, 58x reluctor wheel) into a LQ4 iron block Gen 3 that came with a 24x reluctor wheel. I've read that the 24x and 58x sensors are different lengths and therefore would need to work with there associated reluctor wheel. My question is can I rewire the crank sensor to 5V and use the 58x sensor on the crank and leave the 1x 12V cam sensor that is mounted in the rear of the block. Then in the EFI software, I'd choose custom and set the crank sensor to 58x and the cam sensor to 1x. Or, my other options would be to change the reluctor wheel on the crank to a 24x and keep using the sensors I have. Or, would it be better to change both sensors to 5V and use a front mounted cam sensor.
    Last edited by 81 TransAm; 11-22-2020 at 04:32 PM.

After doing a little more research, it looks like it will be the cheapest and easiest to just change the reluctor wheel and keep the wiring the same.