Thread: 3.5" touchscreen displays error code.

Default 3.5" touchscreen displays error code.

Hooked up the TSLCD and when "key on" screen searches a bit and then comes up with error code, "CAN communication error (9)".

Tapping screen and selecting file, eventually a message pops up "Cannot retrieve ECU info". V4 EFI software has not a problem.

Removed harness and ran continuity check up to and including SuperSeal connector pins A24 - Orange and A32 - Orange/black (Tan in sub-harness) - ALL GOOD.

Seems kind of stupid to have errors codes and not have any info available on Holley website or in manual as to what their application is. Most of us are capable of diagnosis in a rudimentary way. I did not find anything here as it relates to the codes.

Ensure the EFI (laptop/PC) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit are all version compatible (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Danny, thanks for the response. Went online downloaded all the latest stuff. Did an in place reinstallation of V4 and updated the firmware for the TSLCD.

Checked the TSLCD @ File/Local setup/Local info and got:
    Device type: 10 (Rev D)
    FW ver: 4.0.33
    CAN ID: 69

Accessed with the laptop and got:
    ID:31510
    Date code: 20180830
    FW Ver: 4.0 build 110
    Profile #1
    TPS Calibrated: Yes
    HEFI type: HP

And other info on GCF file and time stamps. Still the same thing on the TSLCD. CAN communication error (9) Cannot retrieve ECU info. I have heard nothing from Holley Tech either phone or email. Tom

Can you connect to the ECU with your laptop? Do you have any other CAN devices that you can use to connect such as a Digital Dash? Just trying to figure out if the problem is inside the ECU, inside the CAN device, or in the connections somewhere. The more suspects you can eliminate the better off you'll be when you finally get through to Holley tech.

Andy, in my last post I noted that I could get the data with the laptop. I just forgot to mention that I was connected via USB.

I have no other CAN device that I can attach to verify. In my original post, I mentioned I did do a continuity check, however, that's just static test.

I've ordered the 9” CAN harness and I'll ll use it to make up an adapter harness so that I can use my Rigol DS 1054Z to look at the CAN lines to see if I have any clipping, CAN Low offset or other gremlins. Nothing like looking dynamic ins & outs. Used it to find a spike after we lost an ECU and found out the unit does use spike protection on sensitive circuits.

Holley did contact me and they said to do pretty well what Danny said. They haven't answered my reply.

It'd be nice to know what the definition of the error code is. Why generate them if there’s no documentation for them?