Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holley HP with 700R4 using Dakota Digital SGI-5E.

Default Holley HP with 700R4 using Dakota Digital SGI-5E.

I've read all the threads I can find on the topic, but can't find the answer I'm looking for. Has anyone here used the Dakota Digital SGI-5E box to get a usable signal from the 2-wire VSS from a 700R4? I believe this sensor is a 4000 PPM sine wave signal, and I know the Dakota box can change this to something the Holley HP can read, but I can not figure out exactly how. Someone must have done this successfully. If so, please let me know!

I'm not exactly clear as to what you're trying to accomplish. What year 700R4 are you working with? Andrew
    IG @projectgattago
    I offer remote Holley EFI tuning.
    I deliver what EFI promises.
    Please get in touch if I can be of service.

It's a 1990 700R4 out of a Camaro with the 2-wire VSS. I'm trying to get the HP to recognize the speed signal as an input for things like torque converter lockup, etc. From what I've learned, the Dakota Digital box can convert the signal to one the HP can read, just having a tough time figuring out exactly how.

I looked at the instructions: https://www.dakotadigital.com/pdf/SGI-5e.pdf. Looks like you'll have the #3 scenario. Hook up power & ground and the two sensor inputs, then use one of the outputs (probably output #2) and run that as an input to the HP. Then create a speed input in the EFI software and configure it. You may have to fiddle with the configuration parameters to get the speed reading to be accurate. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago

Appreciate the effort, that's exactly what I did, but I'm still not getting a reading on the HP speedometer on the laptop. I'm sure I'm configuring something wrong, just not sure what.

Email me your tune, or post it here. You can PM me and I'll give you my email address.
    IG @projectgattago

OK thanks! Not sure how to post it directly here. Here's a link to it from Google: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UXe...ew?usp=sharing

Although I don't have the 700R4 (I have a Tremec TKO), I also needed the DD SGI-5E Interface. My setup worked with the "Out 1" terminal being used to send the correct signal to the HP ECU.
    I also found this post extremely useful, don't know if you read it or not: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...-a-speed-input. It sounds like your connections are okay, so it's probably finding the right settings in the HP EFI software. Check out the above link, it may have the information you need. Hope this helps. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bloodhound View Post
    OK thanks! Not sure how to post it directly here. Here's a link to it from Google: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UXe...ew?usp=sharing
    Try what Steve392 said above. Andrew

@steve392: Are you setup as H-L? Which output did you use? And how did you determine the pulse per rotation for your sensor?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast